Extreme Couponing

Options

Comments

• jenny.b
    jenny.b Posts: 249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    this is my new favourite show! my husband even said, right lets move to america lol - i said er.. no! :D - but its made me more coupon - savvy - for example, i have just gone to asda and got the Finish Quantanium packs for £5 and used the £5 voucher from the Finish website (im a newbie i can't post links yet ) :( - I asked the woman on the checkout if i could use more than one coupon at a time for the same product, and she said it was ok :D i am going to see if i can make my very own stockpile :D
  • thatguy1
    thatguy1 Posts: 5,363 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    That was the last 2 episodes on Sunday :(

SARAH PALIN'S ALASKA is on instead
  • the_kentish_maid
    Options
    i just love this programme on youtube it has some of the other extreme couponing programmes
  • dianasnan
    dianasnan Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would feel mean taking the last 50 products off the shelf and leaving nothing for anyone else as some of them seem to do. Or do American stores hold bigger stocks than here where the good offers run out quickly?

I know what midnightraven3 means about the attitude of supermarkets here to coupons. All my vouchers seem to be examined very closely, imagine doing that for 100s.

I want one of those loyalty cards that automatically reduce your bill:D
  • defairmans
    defairmans Posts: 962 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was raised in the US and every Sunday my mum and I would cut coupons out of the Sunday paper. Had to get used to not having them here when I moved over. We defintely need more coupons in the UK!!
  • advinbrit
    Options
    I think purchase in bulk mostly go to hand-in-hand with excellent coupon use. So that you can trade stocks, adjust, make the product super cheap. Project did not start selling every day.
  • jenny.b
    jenny.b Posts: 249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thatguy1 wrote: »
    That was the last 2 episodes on Sunday :(

SARAH PALIN'S ALASKA is on instead

oh no! :( i just found it aswell... bah! :(
  • saucy77
    saucy77 Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    For those who have missed the show like I had, you can watch it online using this link http://www.letmewatchthis.ch/watch-2719807-Extreme-Couponing

Watching this reminded me of when I used to be coupon crazy (the time of the Detox Coke's sprang to mind hehehe).
    Anyway, getting back into it again, I managed to scrounge together enough coupons and using my clubcard voucher money off coupons on specific items and an old DTD voucher I wittled down a £40 shop to just £10, £7.50 of that was to buy my son a cycle computer, so effectively approx £2.50 for £40 of goods.
    Made me feel so good, as I had brand named items which I wouldn't of had otherwise.
    My only gripe is the 125 pts for buying an 8 pack of coke, went thru as £1.25! Nevermind eh? I probably would of had the SA by the neck if it had a 500pt one. But I did manage to use 11 coupons no quibble in one transaction.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what mag's do MOC's :)
    Raising awareness for Pancreatic Cancer UK and Macmillan... doing a sponsored 10k skydive for both charities.
    https://www.justgiving.com/sheenarobinson (PCUK)
    https://www.justgiving.com/sheenarobinson2 (Macmillan)
    Please give a little, it means a lot :)
  • HailBailey
    HailBailey Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    sounds like an interesting concept - I'll have to keep an eye out for it.
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    coupons are a way of life in the US. Each Sunday, there are pages and pages of money-saving coupons in the newspaper for use in clothing stores, electric stores, chemist shops....not just supermarket deals.

I used to spend my Sunday mornings clipping these coupons and got some fabulous deals on jeans, shoes, makeup, bedding....you name it, there was usually a coupon. Our savings in the UK are pretty feeble in comparison.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure