Extreme Couponing

Options

Comments

• pesky2
    pesky2 Posts: 2,191 Forumite
    Options
    my jaw dropped to the ground watching it last wk, said to my partner you think yourself lucky boy i only use afew odd coupons
    ;p;
    lol
  • SkintGypsy
    SkintGypsy Posts: 580 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I was watching it on sky plus last night and just started thinking about all the waste. So much of it was free, but a lot of the stuff they were bagging for free was crap. Loads of bottled sugar loaded drinks, tubes of sweets, pizza. The amount of money they are saving on those things is probably spent on dentistry and gastric banding! And so many toiletries. Fair enough, get enough stuff to last your family, but just getting as much as you can because it's free is pure greed. There will be more coupons next time you shop. Do you need 4000 deodorants this time?? Ludicrous.
    Debt free as of July 2010 :j
    £147,174.00/£175,000
    Eating an elephant, one bite at a time
    £147,000 in 100 months!
  • andrinaperry
    andrinaperry Posts: 332 Forumite
    Options
    I use coupons all the time where I can but I also stock up on products on offer. for example Nescafe three in one sachets are on offer in Tesco £1 normal price is £2.15 so I bought 30 enough to last my husband about three months for work (lorry driver) saving just short of £35. I never pay full price for cleaning products or laundry products when they are on offer I stock up and watch for coupons which I keep until the product goes on offer. Used £1 off bold on half price 36 capsules working out around £3 for 36 washes.

Andrina
  • anna_p86
    anna_p86 Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    SkintGypsy wrote: »
    I was watching it on sky plus last night and just started thinking about all the waste. So much of it was free, but a lot of the stuff they were bagging for free was crap. Loads of bottled sugar loaded drinks, tubes of sweets, pizza. The amount of money they are saving on those things is probably spent on dentistry and gastric banding! And so many toiletries. Fair enough, get enough stuff to last your family, but just getting as much as you can because it's free is pure greed. There will be more coupons next time you shop. Do you need 4000 deodorants this time?? Ludicrous.

I think it was the fact they actually got paid to buy stuff (can't remember how that worked). But do agree...especially the lady buying huge amounts of mustard & then said no one in the family liked it :eek:

Be great too get cheap/free stuff & donate it to shelters/foodbanks etc :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I use coupons all the time where I can but I also stock up on products on offer. for example Nescafe three in one sachets are on offer in Tesco £1 normal price is £2.15 so I bought 30 enough to last my husband about three months for work (lorry driver) saving just short of £35.

these are usually in the £1 shop , i buy them when we go away.
  • emalou84
    emalou84 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    i lived in ga usa for 5 years, met my hubby there, been living back home for 2 years now, and i guess you could say i was a 'extreme couponer' had the binder weighing about 8lbs lol and yes i got loads of stuff for free, i did have a stockpile and i did get paid to take a lot of stuff out of the store, there are a lot of coupons for 'junk food' but a lot of coupons you dont see on that show are still available for healthier stuff they may just not show them as you cant get the 'volume' of free stuff like you can the others. I always used my stockpile to help others, especially if they were free, plenty of times friends/family would get hampers from me when they were having hard times...... although on the forum i used to use, it was very rude to clear the shelves like they did because not everyone uses coupons and wants the cheap deal too! i love being home but miss my coupons, although i find fresh produce is much cheaper here :D
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    I was so much looking forward to watching it tonight, only to find that it isn't on!! Have I got the wrong day? I was sure it was on on a Sunday, although I missed last week's.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    Just found a TV schedule and see that I was wrong as it is on a Monday. Also spotted that about 4 episodes were on yesterday and I missed those too.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • Little_Vics
    Little_Vics Posts: 1,516 Forumite
    Options
    so I guess the question is where in the UK can we get coupons?? I have memories of my gran having LOADS, but I never seem to come across any these days.
  • touch*my*food*feel*myfork
    Options
    fab thanks for the rosie, have just sky+ for tomorrow, see what everyone is talking about!

cheers for starting the thread kymbo, an interesting subject and programme i would have missed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure