PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Monday 16th May

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Monday 16th May. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the
Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.
2014 will be all about ME!
( well that hasn't happened!!!)
Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250

Comments

• esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, my 14th wedding anniversary today. Somedays I can feel every second, sometimes it seems like yesterday. OH is working away so we'll get together at the weekend. Today I'm revamping the kitchen, so am off to get paint this morning. Could do with some advice though - have a rather yucky cooker hood to clean. Can't soak it as its fixed to the wall, so what can I get the layers of grease off with - any ideas?

Today will be full of doing the kitchen then - and dinner will be chicken pie and veg from the freezer. Thank goodness the boys are in school. Have a great day all xx
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250
  • silvermaid
    silvermaid Posts: 643 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning Esmf and all to follow.
    Thanks for starting the thread Esmf. Happy anniversary and congratulations.

Cool and grey here this morning. Did get a load dry on the line yesterday, luckily. It was overcast and had a tendency to drizzle but the wind was up so everything dried well :)

Yesterday's roast pork went down well and there's enough pork chopped up and in the freezer to give us three more meals for us two old codgers:)

Dinner today is fish pie for the two of us. We will be having 2 DGSs over, so think they will have shop bought pizza from the freezer. (Tend to put a couple away for the boys when they are bogof.) My DH will not give them tummy room :)

Happy Monday folks, hope you all have a good day. Hugs to those who need or want.
    Cheers m'dears, Silver x
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
    Groucho Marx :laugh:
    As Cranky says, "M is for mum, not maid".
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Seems bright & sunny here so far today. Hubby's been dropped off at the station with his packup & the fish have been fed, a few minutes browse on here & then I'm off to work. Pork steak for tea tonight with new potatoes from the garden.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Looks a bit overcast here today, but nice and breezy so will get the wm on.

Dinner tonight is a roast with pork belly, so looking forward to that. Need to hoover through and have a tidy through, I also have a few hours office work to do, but at least I get paid for that :D

DD has French and the first of many English GCSE today, she has back to back exams for the next two weeks, so good luck to her, and all others doing exams :j

Esmf, Congratulations to you both xx I think the cooker hood will mainly need elbow grease, but you could try washing up liquid or star drops rubbed in and left for a while. xx

Have good days all xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,090 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone - been showered and breakfasted and DW loaded. Have made my lunch; some lovely ham rolled up with cream cheese inside. I'm off in a few moments to a meeting in Wetherby but need to be prepared for a LC lunch otherwise it's sandwiches. :(

Hope things are fine for all.

Have a great Monday.
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

ESMF - Happy Anniversary :love: - I would spray with white vinegar lots of it but put paper under for drips ;)
    JO - Glad your feeling more at peace with your decision xx
    Rage - Hope your feeling better today x
    Good Luck for all with exams :T

Another early start here 5.15am (as DD2 is the big 5:D) this time DD2 " Can i open my presents now pls" :cool: She has had some really fabulous presents :o and has enough bracelets, necklaces, clips to give Claire's Acces. a run for their money :D. So she is all blinged up now and not wanting to go to school :cool::doh:.

Today the usual cleaning and tidying. Tea tonight b'day cheesy nabs ;).

Have lovely days xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Happy Birthday to Little Miss Bargain :T Have a lovely day sweetheart xxxx
  • Moorhen
    Moorhen Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all,
    It is cold and miserable here today but the washing is still going out, you never know, it might brighten up.
    Packed lunches are ready for kids and me and OH have soup to take with us, it really feels like a soup day today.
    Tea tonight is curry made with the left over chicken from yesterdays roast, I basted it with wholegrain mustard, it was lovely.
    Jackieg, just read your post for yesterday, hope that your visit helps.
    Emsf, happy wedding anniversary, it was mine last week (16 years).
    Have a lovely day everyone.:)
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

esmf - congratulations on your anniversary, it's our wedding anniversary in September it'll be 19 years, how the hell I've managed to stay married to him for that long I don't know - as with most of life we've had good and bad times!

Overcast and a bit chilly here this morning, have had a little rain overnight, but only enough to wet the paths, will put the washing out and see what happens. DH up and off to work already, but not at stupid early, so he brought me a nice cuppa in bed before he left.

Been away for the weekend, nice and relaxing but very windy. Got two loads of washing done and dried when we got back yesterday afternoon, another load ready to go out.

Bought a new steam generator iron on Friday, will be trying it out this week to see if it does all it "claims" to do! Started de-cluttering the filing cabinets as they were full to bulging, am now in shredding mode, except that the shredder can't keep up. All the papers are laid out on the dining room table, will just keep going to it's done.

Have menu planned for this week, tonight it's gammon, egg, pots and veg - nice easy dinner after I've been in work all day. DS2 has his Cycling Proficiency this week, that will be fun after the last week of exams.

Need to crack on have a great day everyone.

Not much else to say really, keep safe and well everyone, hugs to those that need them.
    nmlc
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All,

Tired.com here this morning, its as damp outside as it is in my head :(

Congrats to esmf, hope the weekend celebration is lovely ;) I would say the same as redruby Stardrops or WUL.

Good luck to MissRuby and all the other exam people today.

Happy Birthday to Bargainbabe :D

Washing on, one in the dryer, I got barely anything done at the weekend, so will have a scoot round and see what I can get done just now. I need to do my supermarket shop today as it is becoming Old Ma' Hubbard's around here.

Have good day everyone,

Jackie XXX
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure