Old Mobile Phone? Raise money for charity

Options
Getting a new mobile phone? (Lucky you!!)
Wondering what to do with your old one?

The charity REFUGE has a mobile phone appeal. Simply download a pdf covering letter from their website, send it and your old phone to a firm called Greener Solutions, and £3 will be donated to REFUGE.
It's totally free and the postage is paid as well.
Refuge website

Does anyone know of any other schemes like this?

Comments

• drahcir_2
    drahcir_2 Posts: 4,127 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i think i saw some bags by the tills in asda where you can send old mobile off for free and £5 will be donated
  • terrierlady
    terrierlady Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Options
    Guide dogs for the blind also recycle phones in much the same way, you can download a label for the parcel etc. not sure where one gets the link from but im sure some bright spark will provide it1
    my bark is worse than my bite!!!!!!!!
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    The Body Shop and Tesco also recycle old phones :)
  • Smartasss
    Options
    Guide dogs for the blind also recycle phones in much the same way, you can download a label for the parcel etc. not sure where one gets the link from but im sure some bright spark will provide it1

The same recycling firm mentioned in the OP deals with the Guide dogs for the blind scheme, but pays a little more - £3.50 for each phone.

Tesco recycle scheme also uses the same firm mentioned in the OP, but Tesco will pay £5 to charity for each phone.

You can get a freepost envelope from a Tesco store.

You choose which charity you would like to support, and you can either let the charity have the £5, or have 250 Tesco points for yourself and donate £2.50 to the charity.
  • Pegs_2
    Options

Found the link - but my spark is not so bright.
    Guide Dogs for the Blind
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family