PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th May 2011

Options

Comments

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,242 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Keep going outside to put the washing out as its sunny... only to discover that it's raining right by the house, where the washing line is ... just not in the rest of the garden...

... to be fair, it's raining in the front garden too, just not in most of the back garden :rotfl:
  • WarriorPrincess
    Options
    Kitchen done and little oven cleaned.

I have 2 ovens. Both had got to the point of emitting enough smoke to set off the smoke alarm every time they were used. I cleaned the little one after seeing the astonishing result of cleaning the big one last week.

So, how often do you experienced Flypeople clean your ovens? From the difference I've made, I assume once every 5-years isn't the right answer!

Also, what do you use / what's the best way to go about it?
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've eaten 3 frogs this morning :D I tried eating a very big frog, that has been hanging around for too long, firts thing, but despite many tries, I'm unable to manage it just now (nobody is answering the phone ;) and then I got cut off :( ). I'll try again this afternoon.

Off to update on the declutter thread :)
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • nicki_2
    nicki_2 Posts: 7,321 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Not much achieved off the list this morning, but I've been to @ldi & @sd@ and brought 2 wolly trollys of shopping home:eek: It might sound like a lot but when its milk & pure orange juice, plus some bottles of water for DD to take to school there isn't actually that much there!

Thanks to todays post I have another more jobs to add to my list :(

This week:
    Write DD's chore/reward list for this week.
    Colour my hair
    Dye DD's jeans
    HHG x2
    Write Toots list :eek:
    [STRIKE] Bank - transfer money[/STRIKE]
    Accounts - update - personal ones done & looking good, just need to sort the ones out for work :D
    Shorten curtains x 2
    Adjust DD's jeans x however many need doing!
    Shorten straps on new top so I show less cleavage/bra & will be able to wear it for work!
    Ironing until its gone
    Deal with @pproved f00d order when it arrives
    Tax Credits form
    Tax return - register

Mon - Op at 2.20, Collect book after 6pm
    Tue - Brownies (£1.50)
    Wed
    -
    Thur - Put order in
    Fri - Take DD to her dads?
    Sat/Sun - depends on DD going away or not.

Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Level One
    Clear and wipe worksurfaces
    Scrub down the front of units and large appliances
    Level Two
    Wipe and replace small appliances
    Clean oven and hob
    Wash windows and sills
    Level Three
    Wipe the table and chairs... clean cloth if necessary
    Sweep and mop the floor
    Degunge the fridge!

Extras
    1. Thoroughly clean the cupboard under the sink!
    2. Run the WM's and DW's through a clean cycle
    3. Clean all the filters and door seals etc
    4. Wipe the back door down.. inside.. and out!!.. and scrub the cat flap
    Right now I need to iron some clothes and have a bath before I go to have my nose sorted :eek: Just hoping the rain goes & then stays off while I'm there :(
    Creeping back in for accountability after falling off the wagon in 2016.
    Need to get back to old style in modern ways, watching the pennies and getting stuff done!
  • wilf55
    wilf55 Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Options
    starting to slack kick up the bum please!
    Save 12k in 2015 member 187. £62.50/6000
  • happierdaystocome
    Options
    Good afternoon all

Hugs/spoons/sticks to all that need or want them

Vanilla Glad to here OH had a good dy yesterday, I hope the visit goes well today

CY I know m late but lots of posi vibes to DD2 and I hope the interview goes well today.

WarriorPrincess I deep clean mine once a week when its on the list as it know takes about 5 minutes if I keep on top of it.

Level One

[STRIKE]Clear and wipe worksurfaces
    [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Scrub down the front of units and large appliances
    [/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Wipe and replace small appliances
    [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clean oven and hob
    [/STRIKE]
    Wash windows[STRIKE] and sills
    [/STRIKE]
    Level Three
    [STRIKE]Wipe the table and chairs... clean cloth if necessary
    [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Sweep and mop the floor
    [/STRIKE]
    Degunge the fridge!Awaiting the arrival of new one so no need to do this today

Extras
    1. [STRIKE]Thoroughly clean the cupboard under the sink[/STRIKE]!
    4. [STRIKE]Wipe the back door down.. inside.. and out!!..[/STRIKE] The rain has started now
    Ive also hoovered and washed the hall, just having a sit down and a catch up wth the thread before hoovering the LR and then need to do some ironing.
    "Let your boat of life be light, pack only what you need- A homely home and simple pleasures,one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone who loves you, a cat, a dog, a pipe or two enough to eat, enough to wear and a little more than enough to drink, as thirst is a dangerous thing" Jerome k. Jerome
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    sammiell wrote: »
    right toast eaten
    two loads of washing hung out
    another load put on
    Dh has been to school now we need to wait and see DH has handed over the evidence they have said the cant control facebook but they can see what has been happening from it !! Dh said that Dd has fought hard to get into this school and we are not going to jeperdise her education because of this they said she was one of their best students:D:D so hopefully thats a plus
    right what to do first im babysitting while my neighbour has a blood test so i think ill clean the windows hhc at 9 50 for me

No they can't but the police can. Having very recently gone through a very serious situation re my DD2 and facebook and bullying at the school we had the police (including CID) who were ready to charge two individuals with Malicious Communication....see here...

Malicious Communications Act 1998 (back to top)

A particularly unpleasant form of harassment is that involving malicious communications either through the post, the telephone, Fax, by cyberstalking through the internet or, an increasing problem, by the use of Text or SMS messages sent to mobile phones.

Under this legislation it is an offence to send an indecent, offensive or threatening letter, electronic communication or other article to another person and under section 43 Telecommunications Act 1984 it is a similar offence to send a telephone message which is indecent offensive or threatening. Both offences are punishable with up to six months imprisonment and/or a fine. Because the Malicious Communications Offence is wider ranging than the Telecommunications offence it is more likely to be charged by the Police than is the Telecommunications Act offence.

I know schools are struggling immensely with Facebook bullying and other incidents. Our school worked proactively with ourselves, our local police, the individualss parents...the police take it very seriously. Ring your LPT (local police team) if you feel that the situation is escalating or you are getting nowhere with the school.
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Squeaks washing done.. need to hang up her woolens
    Food scoffed
    DW done.. needs emptying
    bin emptied
    Tesco order done for delivery tomorrow
    Rang roofy guy about starting ASAP... and looked at paint colours... might need to go get colour cards i think.. :/

That's it for the day.. I can't be bothered!

Oh.. Tabitha is in hospital on a ventilator after fitting again.. She is unable to move her right side at the moment and we are waiting on brain scan results..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • shellysue
    shellysue Posts: 359 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2011 at 12:52PM
    Options
    Level One
    [STRIKE]Clear and wipe worksurfaces[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Scrub down the front of units and large appliances[/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Wipe and replace small appliances[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Clean oven and hob[/STRIKE]
    Wash windows and sills
    Level Three
    [STRIKE]Wipe the table and chairs... clean cloth if necessary
    [/STRIKE]Degunge the fridge!
    Sweep and mop the floor

Extras
    1. Thoroughly clean the cupboard under the sink!
    4. Wipe the back door down.. inside.. and out!!..
    WarriorPrincess I wipe the hob over when I wash up and wipe the oven round if its been used. I got a brand new cooker this year and find that if I wipe it over when I use it, the dirt and grease are easy to wipe to away, leave it to cook for a few days and it becomes a big job.
    eta positive vibes coming your way Pigpen
    Sue
    Do I need to eat it :o
    Can I afford the calories:eek:
    have I checked for a lower calorie version:T
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 9 May 2011 at 1:00PM
    Options
    wilf55 wrote: »
    starting to slack kick up the bum please!
    *Walks to far end of room to get decent run-up.....*
    Pitter-patter-pitter-patter-pitter-patter....... BOOT!!:D

I found an apposite condiment set for all the frog eating while I was putting off eating my own frogs for today.:D
    http://www.silver-direct.co.uk/epages/es110704.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es110704_shop/Products/6064

I'm in this week, and have made a start, but will do a lot of today's list after Ted has gone home this afternoon, as it makes more sense to clean thoroughly once he's gone.;)

Many thanks, as always, to FCC for helping to keep the Wolf's Lair habitable.:o

We got rid of a bunch of [STRIKE]carp[/STRIKE] very useful stuff yesterday; managed to deliver 17 one-pint beer glasses and a bagful of beer t-shirts to one of the people who will be organising the tombola at the beer festival. At least, I got Mr LW to take them, while I stayed here with Ted.;)

So, as Piggers would say..... FLING.:rotfl:

ETA.... Oh, I cross-posted with Piggers..... get well vibes by the barrow-load for Tabitha.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport