O2 Payment problems;A warning & a thanks.

Options
Around the 15th,I got a text from O2 telling me my direct debit for my broadband had failed,which is quite funny as I don't pay by direct debit (I'm out of the 12 month contract & on a rolling monthly one) as I have'nt gotten round to setting up it for my new bank,

So I rang the number that was sent to my mobile & paid the bill on the 21st,pay day.Got up this morning to find no broadband!! So I called them up,the chap I spoke to,Steven,who was from the Northern Ireland contact center,found out that I had been disconnected by accident &,true to his word,my broadband was back on & running two hours later.

So if you use O2's automated payment line,make sure you get a reciept texted to your mobile...

And a big thanks to Steven for sorting this for me quickly!:T

Comments

• Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    how did you pay before id you didnt use DD
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Old_Git wrote: »
    how did you pay before id you didnt use DD

I used to pay by direct debit until Abbey,as they were then,cocked up my direct debits & for some bizarre reason they couldn't explain (or admit to),removed them from my account then didn't re-set them up which resulted in bounced payment charges from my car insurers,ect even tho the was money in my account to pay the direct debits.In the end I took a small loan from the family & paid the balance owing on my car insurance but I then paid O2 by debit card since with no hassle.Changed banks in Janurary but hav'nt got round to setting up the new DD since.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure