Employer's paid salary into overdrawn account

Options
123457»

Comments

• fannyanna
    fannyanna Posts: 2,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm really not sure what rights you have and appreciate that you're now finally stuffed for this month.

What would seem fair is for the money to be put into your new account (whather this is facilitiated by your employer or the bank). Although I don't know if this will be possible.

Have you asked both parties (employer and bank) whether they can do anything about it?

You might need to contact the CAB on this one.

Good luck!
  • gingerpuss
    gingerpuss Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    I would have said this was your employer's error as you had given them the new bank details and they had been paying you there already. It would appear to be an error with the new software or system, whereas the old bank details were used.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    gingerpuss wrote: »
    I would have said this was your employer's error as you had given them the new bank details and they had been paying you there already. It would appear to be an error with the new software or system, whereas the old bank details were used.
    Gingerpuss, how did you work that out?

Have another look at post #5 and post #24 and possibly others.
  • Little_Miss_Lexi
    Options
    my employer has paid my money into the wrong account before, he phoned the bank and explained and it was taken out and transfered into the right account so it is possible.
  • Flyboy152
    Flyboy152 Posts: 17,118 Forumite
    Options
    This is likely to get messy as the company can not just withdraw the money back out of your bank account.

What do you mean where do you stand legally?

The company has an obligation to pay you in line with your contract, the fact that your finances are set up to deal with your situation is likely of little concern of your employers. There is absolutely no way on earth you could get them to pay you twice because the first one went in to the wrong account.

How would you see the situation being resolved?

The money could be recalled via the BACS system.
    The greater danger, for most of us, lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low and achieving our mark
  • Onyourcase
    Onyourcase Posts: 154 Forumite
    Options
    gingerpuss wrote: »

Yes, Your absolutely right. They've admitted it was their mistake.
  • themull1
    themull1 Posts: 4,299 Forumite
    Options
    Have you sorted this out op?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business