OS daily thread Fri 29th April

rosie383rosie383 Forumite
5K Posts
✭✭✭✭
icon1.gif

Hi this is the Daily Thread for Friday 29th April. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.
Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
(he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
:D:D:D

Replies

• edited 11 June 2011 at 10:52AM
    5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 June 2011 at 10:52AM
    Morning all you lovely, lovely people.

Well, I woke at about 3.50 .Anyhoo, could not get back to sleep. Same yesterday.
    Eventually drifted off maybe at 4.45 only to be woken again at 5 by the lovely sound of very heavy rain. The garden looks very, very happy this morning.
    Why can't every day in the summer be like that? Rain at night for the gardens, and blue skies in the day.

Enjoy yourselves today if you are having a RW party. I will be off digging the allotment/ doing a meal plan/ shopping a bit ( as I went shopping with no list or meal plan yday :eek:).
    Not a clue as to what is for dinner today, but I was thinking maybe some HM soup and HM bread. Nice and light, as I think it will be a busy day.

NPM How is Noah doing? Are the ABs kicking in yet for him? Are you getting any sleep? Hope things improve soon. At least we can be here for a moan if you need.
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
  • esmf73esmf73 Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Hi Rosie, Guess you must be typing. So is everyone up watching the Royal Wedding then? I got up to watch the news, but didn't get much of a choice! Not that I'm complaining too much though. Where has my sun gone? Its a bit windy which is probably just as well as I have a tipper truck load of bark mulch to shovel into the back garden for the boys play area that we've made. NO rain though please - for all the weddings and for me as I have grass to mow!

The boys will be charging around as ever and we have friends and family coming over this evening that we've not seen in a while. So probably no OS going on - but I'm trying!

NPM - hope you're both feeling much better xx
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250
  • morning all:D

DS seems brighter today, ear still sore but getting better.
    Going to Kent for 3 days today (thanks JackieO for tht info :D)
    So got a big list of what we need to take for DS which includes his duvet, bedding,cup.dvds,books,cd`s,....everything basically.
    Not watching RW.....why do i want to watch 2 people I dont know get married?;)
    Got to pack yet and make flask and sandwiches for the journey.
    Have good days all
    will check in later
    x
  • bargainbirdbargainbird Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    xxGood Luck William and Kate for a long and happy marriagexx

Morning Rosie

Been up since 5.50am....OS will be minimal today. I shall be plonked in front of the TV this morning. I do have to make bacon sangers, ham sangers for the street party, boiled eggs for the disco tonight.

JG - I couldn't possibly comment on my arrangements :D;).
    Bisty - I'm thinking a mermaid style dress ;)

Have great days peeps xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • edited 29 April 2011 at 6:24AM
    5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 April 2011 at 6:24AM
    NPM glad to hear Noah getting a wee bit better. Enjoy your trip to Kent. Hope he's ok on the journey.
    Morning you other early birds.
    I was about to sneak out to Asda for the bits I need and dd2 just woke up and came downstairs. Too expensive to take kids shopping, so will wait until dd2 awake then sneak out. DH asleep upstairs, and if I try to go now, dd2 will scream the place down! If her big sis is here watching cartoons with her, then she should be ok.
    I love Asda first thing in the morning, get it all to myself, and get all the best reduced yoghurts and eggs.
  • Bitsy_BeansBitsy_Beans Forumite
    9.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning my lovelies :D

Pimms - check
    Quiche - check
    Sandwiches - check
    Scones and clotted cream - check
    Cupcakes - check
    ice cream - check

I thought about wearing a dress for the special occasion but it's trying to rain here and a bit cool and grey so I shall stick with jeans ;) Will put a princess dress up on DD though and let her wear my wedding tiara ;)

So like BB I shall spend most of this morning glued to the TV. Not sure the RW will compete with the taste-fest that is My Royal Gypsy Wedding last night :rotfl: Am sure Kate will manage to regally walk down the aisle ;)

So not actually doing anything OS apart from eating the cooked from scratch foods we've prepared for today.

Hugs and spoons all round. Have a great day and those of you who are watching the RW have a great time :D I've got friends and their two girls who have gone down to London to Hyde Park to watch
    Enjoy the bank holiday whatever you're doing x
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • CheapskateCheapskate Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Morning rosie and everyone else :)

Going to sainsbugs in a few mins, ordinary shopping plus some plonk for RW. No one we know's having any sort of do, just watching the TV. Won't watch all day, just the important bits - I know we don't know them, but it's still an occasion and I'm always pleased when anyone gets married - it's an opportunity full of promise for the future :o

It's very grey, cool and breezy here, and I can smell rain, too. Hope it holds off while I do some gardening!

Have a good day, folks, whether you're a roundhead or a cavalier! :D

A xo
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • edited 29 April 2011 at 6:50AM
    silvermaidsilvermaid Forumite
    643 Posts
    edited 29 April 2011 at 6:50AM
    Good morning folks,
    I am liking the bank holiday wedding present very much and so is DH.

Will take DSIL and family for a meal out today as his birthday present. The DGSs love eating out, it is such a treat.

Lunch will be lo meat rogan. Need to get WM on, put washing on the line and hope the forecast rain is delayed. Like Rosie said heavy rain overnight is the absolute best weather.
    HH glad that your WM is back in commission again.

Happy Friday peeps, Cheers Silver x
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
    Groucho Marx :laugh:
    As Cranky says, "M is for mum, not maid".
  • edited 29 April 2011 at 7:22AM
    MoorhenMoorhen Forumite
    964 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    edited 29 April 2011 at 7:22AM
    Morning all.
    Just a quick post this morning as I have to finish cooking for the RW party we are off to this morning, just a few pizzas and cakes for the children.
    Have decided to wear my wedding dress for the party after all, DD1 can laugh as much as she wants:rotfl:
    Hope you all have a lovely day.
    NPM; I am glad that Noah is feeling better.:)
  • Bitsy_BeansBitsy_Beans Forumite
    9.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh enjoy wearing your wedding dress Moorhen - love it :D

Can't fit into mine :(:(:(
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News