What does it mean when thread is bold?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
15 replies 1K views
nhnh Forumite
567 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
Right, I've been trying to work this out since the upgrade, but I just don't know.

Why is it that some post titles are in bold and some are not. First I thought it might be if people are in there reading it, and then I thought maybe it was when I hadn't read a post or if there were new posts in there I hadn't read.

But I can't work it out!

Please help
I'm married now! Yippee!
«1

Replies

  • it is unread posts/threads:)
  • tifftiff Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭
    The light coloured ones you have read and the bold ones have new posts that you havent read. You can also click the new posts link at the top of the page to see a list of new posts since your last visit. (sorry if you knew that already)
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • I've been meaning to ask this question too :confused:

    It seems quite random for me, sometimes threads are in bold with the facility to go straight to first unread post, and sometimes they're not.

    In the old board all threads were bold until you read them but on this one I'm allllllllll confused :(


    HELPPPPPP!!!!! Where's sra55 when you need him?
    Just run, run and keep on running!

  • Jay-Jay wrote:
    I've been meaning to ask this question too :confused:

    It seems quite random for me, sometimes threads are in bold with the facility to go straight to first unread post, and sometimes they're not.

    In the old board all threads were bold until you read them but on this one I'm allllllllll confused :(


    HELPPPPPP!!!!! Where's sra55 when you need him?
    they stay bold if you just go in and read them ,if you post on that thread it will go to faded .

    once you have read or posted on all the threads you want in that section .................mark as read for that whole board
  • trafalgar wrote:
    they stay bold if you just go in and read them ,if you post on that thread it will go to faded .

    once you have read or posted on all the threads you want in that section .................mark as read for that whole board

    oh!!!! I see!!!!

    but.... say I reply to a thread, then go back to the board, sometimes the thread stays pale even if others have replied after me. Is that right?

    Help, I can't work this forum :(
    Just run, run and keep on running!

  • This thread is the only one I've replied to in discussions so it's pale. There are two threads below it that are in bold, which I have never looked at or replied to, and all the rest are pale.


    confuzzled!
    Just run, run and keep on running!

  • Jay-Jay wrote:
    This thread is the only one I've replied to in discussions so it's pale. There are two threads below it that are in bold, which I have never looked at or replied to, and all the rest are pale.


    confuzzled!

    because at some time you have marked the rest read ,but there is a glitch ,because your post which I hadn't read ,didn't turn it back to bold for me......................and it should of.

    I think lots of tweaking still needs doing:D
  • tifftiff Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I understand what youre confuzzled about Jay lol The two threads are bold because you have never looked at them. If you dont want to read them just click mark as read. If you want to look at them read them, if you refresh the page they will change to the light colour.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • nhnh Forumite
    567 Posts
    The 'honest people' thread is pale for me but I haven't looked at that today and there has been a post today therefore this is not working.

    Not that I am bothered, I don't think I need it to be bold.

    I just go to 'read all posts by nh' to catch up on what others have written after me.

    Also, on 'users online' my name appears first, but everyone else's is in alphabetical order. I assume everyone has there own username first, as opposed to always seeing mine first!
    I'm married now! Yippee!
  • tiff wrote:
    I'm not sure I understand what youre confuzzled about Jay lol The two threads are bold because you have never looked at them. If you dont want to read them just click mark as read. If you want to look at them read them, if you refresh the page they will change to the light colour.

    That's just it tiff, I haven't read any of the others either...and they're all pale.

    There doesn't seem to be any consistency, pale, bold, read, unreal, replied to, not replied to....... they're all mixed up.
    Just run, run and keep on running!

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides