Santander Esaver Withdrawal

Options
2»

Comments

• smcqis
    smcqis Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    it just occured to me they sent me details for logging in using santander but i just thought i would continue using alliance and leicester. So of i go searching see if i can find it and bobs your uncle found it put all the details in and im now a santander online banker as well ;)

I see on it there is the option to make a payment and you can put any account in so thats great. I think i have it sussed now. Appreciate all your help:beer:
  • Chris2000
    Chris2000 Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it's a house deposit, just beware that Santander don't do Faster Payments from savings accounts in my experience and certainly not for large amounts. So you'll need to allow 2-3 working days to withdraw the money to an external account. They might be able to arrange a CHAPS payment over the phone, for a fee.
  • brenda10
    brenda10 Posts: 340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Joined Santander to get what I thought would be a good rate of interest but have been blocked out on 2nd day, gave the correct information on logging in, tried to transfer money out, never got a confirmation number when I managed to get it sorted, money hasnt transferred to my ordinary bank account (external one) 5 days later even though it said 4 days, will be forced to spend money I dont have on expensive calls to get unblocked:mad:, so NEVER NEVER again will I be with Santander.
  • Nessie23
    Nessie23 Posts: 245 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chris2000 wrote: »
    If it's a house deposit, just beware that Santander don't do Faster Payments from savings accounts in my experience and certainly not for large amounts. So you'll need to allow 2-3 working days to withdraw the money to an external account. They might be able to arrange a CHAPS payment over the phone, for a fee.

I can only second this comment. Santander faster payments are limited to £300 per day if you are lucky and everything is working well!!

If you happen to have an account with Halifax you could consider their web saver 2.8% + 0.2% if you have a current account and meet certain requirements
  • Nessie23
    Nessie23 Posts: 245 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    brenda10 wrote: »
    Joined Santander to get what I thought would be a good rate of interest but have been blocked out on 2nd day, gave the correct information on logging in, tried to transfer money out, never got a confirmation number when I managed to get it sorted, money hasnt transferred to my ordinary bank account (external one) 5 days later even though it said 4 days, will be forced to spend money I dont have on expensive calls to get unblocked:mad:, so NEVER NEVER again will I be with Santander.

Have a look at https://www.saynoto0870.com you might find a cheaper geographical number for the internet helpdesk, I did a quick search there and found this altenative 01908 238013.
  • dannybb
    Options
    brenda10 wrote: »
    This has got to be the most time consuming, irritating, and sneaky trick I have ever faced within the banking sector please take notice DO NOT OPEN A SAVINGS ACCOUNT ONLINE WITH SANTANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I opened a E saver online and transferred a few thousand from my current account into this stupid new savings account, 1 days later I tried too transfer 20 pound from the savings account back to my current account!! DECLINED late for work and left with no money. Called them up, using my telephone banking passcode only to find that my account was blocked until I go into the the branch with sufficient identification. Baring in mind I have passed verification and data protection by signing into my online account and telephone banking, OK so I went in with my ID faxed it across to the FRAUD DEPARTMENT how humiliated, and angry I felt I can't even discribe. Anyway the moral of this story is don't open an account online you might aspell do it in the bank another bank, while your money is locked away in an " instant access, without penalty or restriction " account all they can think about doing is secretly using your money in stocks and shares to gain profit for the company. 8 working days, 5 faxes, hours of expensive phone calls too 0845 numbers , misdirection, lack of communication and still no money or justified resolution this will definitely be my FIRST AND VERY LAST SAVINGS ACCOUNT WITH SHABBY ABBEY (SANTANDER) WHAT A FFFING JOKE!!!
  • wired_biker
    Options
    oh dear, reading this has made me panic, I too am saving for a house purchase with a santander e saver, I thought I could just transfer the deposit over to the solicitors on the day before it was needed using the faster payments. Is this not going to work? I'm looking at £20K in the esaver and mine and OH's isas with Santander at £10K each. Would it work if I put all the money in the Santander current account? I'm hoping the sale will be ready any day now....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure