Santander Esaver Withdrawal

Options
I have an esaver with Santander, if i wish to withdraw money from it, how do i go about doing it? Or even transferring it to another account (not with santander).

I see options to transfer it to other accounts within Santander but I dont to transfer it outside

Comments

• KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    smcqis wrote: »
    I have an esaver with Santander, if i wish to withdraw money from it, how do i go about doing it? Or even transferring it to another account (not with santander).

I see options to transfer it to other accounts within Santander but I dont to transfer it outside

Use your cashcard, or make an online payment by going to:

* Set up new payment
    * Fill in the details
    * Fill in the amount to transfer

When you've done this first one, the next time you want to transfer you just go to 'Payments' and it will be listed there.

HTH
    KiKi
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
  • Chris2000
    Chris2000 Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you log in at santander.co.uk then you need to Add a Payee.

If you log in at alliance-leicester.co.uk then bad luck, you can only transfer money to another Santander account. If you want to add an external account you'll need to phone and ask for a separate Santander login which takes about 10 days to set up.
  • smcqis
    smcqis Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I log in using alliance and leicester, il try logging in using santander see if this makes any difference
  • ChiefGrasscutter
    Options
    I thought with A&L Esavers you only could withdraw to the linked account - your bank account.
    So you cannot just 'add a payee'
    likewise I recall that you get moneyi nto the account via a DD process from your linked bank account

As I remember when you start the process to withdraw some funds it asks you the amount and which account (if you have more than one with A&L) and then goes straight on to confirming the destination without any option.
  • smcqis
    Options
    I dont have linked one with this I dont think. I rang and they said they can transfer it by phone to any account but cant be done online...weird
  • Chris2000
    Chris2000 Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought with A&L Esavers you only could withdraw to the linked account - your bank account.
    So you cannot just 'add a payee'
    likewise I recall that you get moneyi nto the account via a DD process from your linked bank account

That was A&L Online Saver. Santander eSaver is different, there is no linked account. New payees can be set up from Santander internet banking but not from A&L internet banking. Once a payee has been set up, I think you can use it from either login.

They don't explain this at all well for A&L customers. If you open a Santander eSaver while logged into A&L online banking, the confirmation email says they will send a login and password by post (without explaining what it is or why a new login is required) but then they don't actually send one unless you phone and ask.

Without a Santander login, you can only make withdrawals to another Santander or A&L account. This is no use if you close your old account, as I did (an old A&L Online Saver whose bonus period has expired).

But then, this is Santander after all!
  • smcqis
    Options
    So your saying I will need to set up a santander log in to get money out? The girl on phone said she could transfer it to any account but i couldnt do it myself online. If i was to ring for example and gave her the account details of an account outside of santander will she be able to do this
  • KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So your saying I will need to set up a santander log in to get money out? The girl on phone said she could transfer it to any account but i couldnt do it myself online. If i was to ring for example and gave her the account details of an account outside of santander will she be able to do this

If she said she can do it, then yes. You'll need the SC, account number and name of the person whose account it is.

You can get money out with your cash card, though - but that obviously depends on how much it is and then you have the hassle of needing to put it into another account somewhere.

HTH :)
    KiKi
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
  • smcqis
    Options
    its for house deposit so il need it pretty quick come a couple of weeks. Il maybe try on tue to take out a small amount see if they can actually do it. In the meantime is there an online option where i can apply for santander details for loggin in with them?
  • Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    Options
    In the meantime is there an online option where i can apply for santander details for loggin in with them?
    You can register here (don't know how quickly you'll receive the paperwork, due to the bank holidays) - http://www.santander.co.uk/csgs/Satellite?appID=abbey.internet.Abbeycom&c=Page&canal=CABBEYCOM&cid=1237884057679&empr=Abbeycom&leng=en_GB&pagename=Abbeycom%2FPage%2FWC_ACOM_TemplateW2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure