PPI reclaim after Divorce

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HDS wrote: »
    where does this leave me now as the FOS had all information before them back in June 2019 didn't tell me what I needed to do but just sat on the information and choose not to enlighten me
    I'm not sure the Ombudsman, which is simply the independent arbiter of disputes between financial institutions and their customers, was under any obligation to tell you what you "needed" to do.

However, if you feel the Ombudsman is somehow at fault for your predicament, you are at liberty to make a formal complaint to them.
    Personally, I doubt any complaint will be upheld though...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you didn't put in a complaint with the first lender, then it leaves you with your existing redress.

Spend it wisely.
  • HDS
    HDS Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    if that is the case would I stand any hope of approaching the Abby now, do you think they would look at this claim. ? what is you're view. thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    No, as you are months past the deadline.
  • HDS
    Options
    ok how does the Judgment passed in the Manchester County Court a few months ago effect a claim filed now the report was published in the Telegraph dated 29th August whereby the Court upheld the application presented ...the Telegraph reported the Court ruling over ruled the 29th August deadline, which ,the report says could now could open the door for further claims

thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It doesn't affect your missing the deadline.
  • HDS
    Options
    I see ,well as I am waiting for a reply from the FOS I guess I just have to see what they say, but they could have advised me to contact the first Lender back in June...I would have done so ... rather than not saying anything and the time running out, to where I am now, feeling they let me down

But I thank you for your information
    hds
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    Options
    HDS wrote: »
    I they could have advised me to contact the first Lender back in June...I would have done so ... rather than not saying anything and the time running out
    As stated already, it's not the job of the Ombudsman to "advise" you to complain and to whom..

You've missed the boat on this one...

Thread is from 2011!
  • HDS
    Options
    thats what I did not know....making this. clear I now know. but back in June I was of the view that there would be a paper trail showing the ..this person had a mortgage with this company ,now he has a mortgage with us ( so to speak ) and the new Lender would be responsible ...clearly that not so..I didn't know. But thank you for your input.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,524 Forumite
    Options
    The complaints procedure is as follows

You complain to whoever sold you the PPI first. Then you complain to the FOS if you feel your complaint has not been addressed in a manner that is fair. Then if you are not happy, you complain to an actual ombudsman.

The FOS are not privvy to your financial history, you are, therefore I don't understand why you think the FOS would have been responsible for telling you who you had to complain to or how they are at fault for this.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure