IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PPCs using Opt Out for domains

Options

Comments

• bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    But the outfit passed the most stringent of the BPA membership criteria. Have you got the money to pay our membership fee?
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Wonder if they have paid their VAT?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • metalwolf
    Options
    But the outfit passed the most stringent of the BPA membership criteria. Have you got the money to pay our membership fee?

The information can be obtained freely from the website www companycheck co uk (sorry about the space, I'm not allowed to post links since I'm a newbie) it works for other private parking company as well, I only did this one because I just got one "ticket" from them yesterday!!:angry: and the data is fairly accurate as I have checked it with mine.;)

I would consider for the membership thow~ any discount/benifit??:D
  • metalwolf
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Wonder if they have paid their VAT?

I think more detailed financial report/annual account can be purchased from the companycheck website, but just dont want to waste any money on those clowns!:rotfl:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 August 2011 at 11:12PM
    Options
    metalwolf wrote: »
    I think more detailed financial report/annual account can be purchased from the companycheck website, but just dont want to waste any money on those clowns!:rotfl:

True, but you could report them to be investigated for avoiding VAT (probably) like VCS did. Many, many PPCs pretend they should not be paying VAT but they are wrong:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3195808

Oh and you could keep an eye on the outcome of the imminent UKPC criminal court case started by Hull Trading Standards. All PPCs should be reported to Trading Standards as they all use the same protection racket and those criminal charges could relate to the whole stinking lot of them:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=63597

Just wait for the outcome and if they lose the case, print out a copy of the details (we will post here!) and write snail mail to your local TS office asking why *insert PPC(s) name of your choice* have not yet been investigated for the same scam. You will have to spell it out to TS (and DO NOT phone them or your call gets diverted to the central fob-off line at Consumer Direct).

OH, another one is you can complain to the OfT about the debt collector harassing you over a non-existent debt.

And you can complain to the DVLA about the scumbag PPC getting the registered keeper's details when they are (probably) breaching BPA guidelines. If you word your DVLA complaint that way then the DVLA have to rattle the BPA's cage over the complaint (the more the merrier). Not that the BPA will do anything as they ARE the PPCs, but a nice fat file of complaints doesn't do any harm when the DVLA or Dept of Transport come calling.

Oh and finally a complaint to Watchdog is always good as they have covered the PPC scam several times in recent months and find it very interesting.

:T

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    So coming back to this again after about a year, to discover again that a number of companies websites are being hidden by the opt out. So far 4 AOS members are doing this after going a third through the list.

And looking at their websites I can see on 8 of them stuff like registered addresses, company numbers and VAT numbers are missing, all duly reported to the BPA and Trading Standards.

What a nice way to spend 30 minutes of my time ;)
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • skivenov
    skivenov Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Options
    As I understand it, it's Companies House you inform about a lack of registerred address on a website.
    Yes it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
    Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    skivenov wrote: »
    As I understand it, it's Companies House you inform about a lack of registerred address on a website.

Hmmm will do that tomorrow then ;) it's fun giving them headaches though, the bpa will have 8 mails to deal with that they can see that it's been passed onto trading standards. It's obviously minor things to give these companies a headache ;)
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To report a .co.uk website that has opted out of displaying their address in their whois registration when their a trader, you can report them here. They write to the website giving them seven days and will then display the address.

It works, I've reported a few!

"How do I report an incorrect opt-out?
    Please contact our Registrant Services department by telephone on 01865 332244 or email nominet@nominet.org.uk and we will investigate this further. Once we have completed our investigations we will contact you to confirm the outcome."

http://www.nominet.org.uk/other/whois/faq/#report
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family