IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PPCs using Opt Out for domains

Options

Comments

• HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    edited 1 May 2011 at 1:56AM
    Options
    If you wanted to add to the woes of OPC the registrant of their domain - www.observices.co.uk - Altohiway Limited, of 226 Radlett Road, Colney Street, St. Albans, AL2 2EN is in liquidation.

As for the above comment regarding the investigation of registrant's addresses..................:D

As for Shoal Enforcement, their registrant no longer exists! Shoal Design Ltd was dissolved as recently as 23 January 2007
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    I believe this could be a thread which runs and runs.
    And I hope that it does.
  • jetta_wales
    jetta_wales Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    Options
    Looks like this has become a hobby for some lol, have fun :-)
    "Life is what you make of it, whoever got anywhere without some passion and ambition?
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Coblcris wrote: »
    I believe this could be a thread which runs and runs.
    And I hope that it does.

Hope it does, its not going to make a world of difference of course, but it will be a thorn in their sides ;)

Yep scam baiting the PPCs is a world of fun lol
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options

A hobby, a belief, a pastime, a passion and a religion. I plan to CRUSH the parasites called G24 Ltd. Strangely they still haven't had the nerve to contact me via PM ! :D:rotfl::D:rotfl::T:T:T
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • HO87
    Options
    A new "spicy" episode to hit your screens later this evening..............:hello:
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • taffy056
    Options
    HO87 wrote: »
    A new "spicy" episode to hit your screens later this evening..............:hello:

look forward to it ;)
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
  • HO87
    Options
    The way in which the Approved Operator Scheme list is now displayed on the BPA website is quite handy and is somewhat more easily used than a PDF download and browsing through the most recent list, as you do, I alighted on the details of a relatively new member, Local Car Park Management. Who he? In best Private Eye tradition, I thought.

Unfortunately, Companies House had little to offer. No limited company provided an obvious link and the address on the edge of The City proved to be nothing more than a "virtual office" the base of a company formation agent. This lot certainly don't operate from there! Even the domain registrant sits, hidden, behind a privacy provider and the webasite discloses no holding company details.

However, a story has now started to come together but I suspect there's a fair bit of it to be discovered yet. This is not a straightforward affair.

Boiling it down to gravy, all roads lead to Bradford. More specifically, to a family home in the leafy, northern suburbs and a curry restaurant just off the City Centre.

The individual behind this operation has gone to some lengths to hide his identity and I am not going to disclose who he is or how I have identified him because at this stage I am actively pursuing other lines of enquiry. Save to say I already have ample evidence of who he is, where he lives and what he does for a living now and, even, which bank he used to work for!

It would be fair to say that he is "net savvy" (not too savvy thankfully) and operates a number of web-based businesses none of which is backed by a limited company as far as I can determine. In addition, he is involved with two limited companies. One of these provides domiciliary care and although our man is described as a "Director" strangely, he doesn't seem to appear in either of the companies' returns.

However, all of the websites have a common and slightly unusual feature that I have yet to establish an explanation for.

The question that should be posed of the BPA is how this company obtained membership (given their avowed application of strict criteria) with no means of it being legally identified. There is a name but it is not a limited company and nor is it specified as a trading title of another company or individual and is therefore not a legal entity. Finally, it would seem, it doesn't have a registration with the Information Commissioner!

• taffy056
    Options
    Interesting website they have, full of claims of authority, and these guys are supposed to be in the AOS with enhanced checks, think another one to report to the oft and trading standards
  • metalwolf
    Options
    COMPANY CHECK:
    MET PARKING SERVICE LTD

MET PARKING SERVICES LIMITED
    Established 01/06/2005

Company Information
    The status of MET PARKING SERVICES LIMITED recorded at Companies house is: Active

MET PARKING SERVICES LIMITED was first registered at Companies House on 01/06/2005 as a "Private Limited with share capital" company, registration number 05468096.

On the last annual return they registered as SIC classification code 63210, stating that the main activity of the company was "Other supporting land transport activities".

The company last filed accounts on 10/02/2011 of type "TotalExemptionSmall".
    Registered office address
    LACON HOUSE 84 THEOBALDS ROAD,
    LONDON

WC1X 8RW

Officers
    Mr Mark Graham Griffiths

Cash at Bank
    From the most recent set of accounts filed by MET PARKING SERVICES LIMITED their cash at bank in 2010 was:

£133,658

2010 £133,658
    2009 £1,151,095
    2008 £1,242,121
    2007 £120,425
    2006 £20,663

Net Worth
    A company’s Net Worth is calculated as Shareholders Funds minus Intangible Assets .

From the most recent set of accounts filed by MET PARKING SERVICES LIMITED their net worth (calculated as Shareholders Funds minus Intangible Assets) in 2010 was:

£1,238,993

2010 £1,238,993
    2009 £1,299,749
    2008 £791,236
    2007 £9,474
    2006 £-47,263

Total Liabilities
    From the most recent set of accounts filed by MET PARKING SERVICES LIMITED their total liabilities in 2010 were:

£307,111

2010 £307,111
    2009 £434,157
    2008 £649,295
    2007 £196,324
    2006 £139,086

Total Current Liabilities
    From the most recent set of accounts filed by MET PARKING SERVICES LIMITED their total current liabilities in 2010 were:

£254,450

2010 £254,450
    2009 £398,595
    2008 £572,296
    2007 £127,660
    2006 £52,477
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income