We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

IKEA - All the furniture you can eat!

245

Comments

  • mumofjusttwo
    mumofjusttwo Posts: 2,614 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I did this last year when i wanted to buy a bookcase with a voucher anyway. Spent £25 on food then went back a week later and bought a bookcase for £35 and they deducted the amount and I used my voucher :D

    Also kids love going as they have activities on over the holidays an they enjoy going to the play area for 45 minutes.
    January Grocery 11/374
  • BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Mine doesnt need nay convincing- he loves their food

    Neither do mine. The restaurant window runs the length of the store and views the Belfast City Airport runway! - they love watching the aeroplanes so added bonus.
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • lawrie28
    lawrie28 Posts: 2,666 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Did this the last time they had it on. It is worth remembering that you can only redeem one voucher at a time, so if you spend £2 a day, then you have to buy lots of single items for £2, you can't add them up to get an item fr £20 for free.

    But I found it great for birthday presents - go and eat for £15, then get a voucher to use on candles/frames etc for gifts.
  • poshstock66
    poshstock66 Posts: 813 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    I got this too! I frequent the MK store and Nottingham. Planning my trip already!!!! :)
    :money::money::money::money:
    I love to save money
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    My nearest Ikea's 170 miles away. Bit of a long way to go for a scoff.
  • haha, nice title :)
  • lozza77
    lozza77 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Can you use the voucher the day you 'earn' it? I've had a mail out to say it is on at Wednesbury
  • lawrie28
    lawrie28 Posts: 2,666 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    lozza77 wrote: »
    Can you use the voucher the day you 'earn' it? I've had a mail out to say it is on at Wednesbury


    No, it is eat now, shop a couple of weeks later with this deal. Gets you in the shop twice.
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    lozza77 wrote: »
    Can you use the voucher the day you 'earn' it? I've had a mail out to say it is on at Wednesbury

    Depends on your store. We did on Saturday.

    Coventry did their mail out last week, friends had a voucher requiring restaurant spend to be within 28 March - 30 April 2011 and store spend between the same dates.

    We have a big car, friends needed a table and chairs delivered home. We all had breakfast in Ikea on Saturday, they paid. Split their store purchase into 3 transactions. Used 2 £10 off £80 spend vouchers on 2 transactions, and used the breakfast spend off the third transaction.

    I have a mailout from MK Ikea, that also has the same dates of spend and use.

    So up to your store as to how they're running the promo.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • iamcornholio
    iamcornholio Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    I took this offer literally, and purchased a big reclining Daim armchair - from the Bättre än kön range
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.