• lottee
    lottee Posts: 1,389 Forumite
    Options
    nelly05 wrote:

I just want to be the donkey!! :j :j :T

What could i say to that?? :confused:

Thanks

:T :rotfl:

Brilliant ! You may have diva in the making !

I got my son's 'wise man' outfit on ebay, loads on there. Look out for the ones that have buy it now or BEST OFFER. My best offer was accepted so got it for £8.99 (= p&p). Probably not the bargain of the year, but needed it quickly & didn't have time to pop to town.
    :D I am in the future you know...
    ...9 hours ahead to be exact !:D
  • helen81_2
    helen81_2 Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone for the replys..ive had quick look on ebay,there are a few but not many,I will have a look in Tescos,when does the 20% off end? If I ring customer services do u think theyll reserve one for me at the discounted price untill I can get into store?

Helen x
    love my little man he is amazing :j
  • funky-footprints
    Options
    they were in mothercare today.
    x
  • plumpmouse
    plumpmouse Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    Options
    nelly05 wrote:
    Well my 3yr old has been asked to be a shepherd this year in his preschool nativity but blankly declined the offer so his teacher asked us to have a word.

During tea last night we were asking him about it, playing the "daddy was a shepherd at his school " line, but he was still stating no so we asked him why -

His reply...........................................................................................

I just want to be the donkey!! :j :j :T

What could i say to that?? :confused:

Thanks

My little boy is a star.

He said he wanted to be a cow, then he wanted to be baby Jesus and when I said he was to big to be baby jesus he said "I want to be GOD"

Didn't really have a reply for that one.

Back on topic I have seen Shephards costumes on Woolies and I'm sure Asda will have them. Wish my son was something I could buy as I'm not artistic in the slightest.

HTH
    Give me the boy until he's seven and i'll give you the man.
  • DebtphobicDeirdre
    Options
    Aren't the slightly ridiculous home-made costumes part of the charm of Nativity plays. Be a money saver and keep your hands in your pockets.
    It would be so sad if those who couldn't afford "proffesionally" made costumes felt left out.
    earn what you can, save what you can, give what you can :hello:
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    We havent got the money to buy a costume and the school wouldnt expect it of us anyway. I got it all ready for him tonight, an old sheet over his head, rope belt to pull it in. He will wear shorts and t shirt underneath and tea towel over the head. Looked fine! Some people in the past used heavy blankets, looked a bit cumbersome for the poor little kids lol
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • wearside_2
    wearside_2 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    My mum sent me to the Nativity Play with a checkered Tea Towel for my head, that was tied round with my sisters chord from her dressing gown. For the smock I used my own dressing gown. This was not unusual in the 1950's as all the other shepherds had similar costumes.

If I could post a picture I would :eek: but I am glad I can't :D
    To Dare is To Do:beer:
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    plumpmouse wrote:
    My little boy is a star.

He said he wanted to be a cow, then he wanted to be baby Jesus and when I said he was to big to be baby jesus he said "I want to be GOD"

Didn't really have a reply for that one.

Back on topic I have seen Shephards costumes on Woolies and I'm sure Asda will have them. Wish my son was something I could buy as I'm not artistic in the slightest.

HTH

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family