Sheperd costume needed for xmas nativity

Hi,
Does anyone know of anywhere selling these cheaply for a 3yr old boy?

Alternativley with easy step by step idiot proof guide I would attempt to make one! :eek:

Helen x
love my little man he is amazing :j

Comments

• Vaguely remember my little brother having a tea towel on his head with some string/ribbon tied round to keep his "headress" on. Also had a sheet wrapped round him toga stylee with some string round his middle to keep it together. I remember him being quite impressed!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    you can buy them in woolies and on ebay etc

i have done one with the tea towel headress too lol and a dressing down over a long tunic thing with a cord tied round the middle
  • andyrules
    andyrules Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    I used to help in Sunday school, and we ALWAYS used dressing gowns (plain or check/stripes - not the Bart Simpson sort - lol) tied with a cord and a teatowel with a bit more cord! Did the job just fine and there was never a dry eye!! If anyone had a cuddly lamb, that went along too. Enjoy it while you can!
  • https://www.WhileShepherdsWatched.co.uk

Use voucher BGH for 10% discount.
  • amanda40
    amanda40 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    Asda normally sell them too at this time of year for about £7 ish.
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    My 9 year old is a shepherd this year, he's having a tea towel on his head with something to tie round his head to keep it on, and a sheet or blanket - cut a slit so it can go over his head then tie something round the waist to gather it in. Thats what they do every year at our school anyway...
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • Tesco had them in the other day complete with little sheep!
    Afraid I didn't look at the price but with 20% off all clothes might be worth a look.

The other option is a grandad shirt, curtain tassel (for belt) and teatowel head gear.

IMO the homemade route always looks cuter.
    Twins, twice the laughs, twice the fun, twice the mess!:j:j
  • My son is a shepard this year as well, gotta magic up something soon.
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • Chirstmas about 4 years ago. Big Lad at the back might give you some idea about shepherd's costume.

Christmas_2002.jpg

You cannot live as I have lived an not end up like me.

Oi you lot - please :heart:GIVE BLOOD :heart: - you never know when you and yours might need it back! 67 pints so far.
  • nelly05
    nelly05 Posts: 154 Forumite
    Well my 3yr old has been asked to be a shepherd this year in his preschool nativity but blankly declined the offer so his teacher asked us to have a word.

During tea last night we were asking him about it, playing the "daddy was a shepherd at his school " line, but he was still stating no so we asked him why -

His reply...........................................................................................

I just want to be the donkey!! :j :j :T

What could i say to that?? :confused:

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills