Domestic Air Conditioning Gas?

Options
Hi
I have recently bought a house that has an air conditioning unit already installed.
I have had a gas engineer round to check it over and he says it needs re-gassing. He has asked me to buy the gas from the Manufacturer and he will re-gas it for me.
All the information I can find on my type of unit is in Spainish.
Can anybody suggest where I might be able to purchase A/C gas?
Tried the usual Ebay etc - with no luck.

Thanks
Francis

Comments

• Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You get the person doing the regassing to supply the gas - they will supply the right sort, and be able to comply with the safety and handling requirements. It's not the sort of stuff you can just buy in a bottle.

I don't know what a 'gas' engineer is doing looking at air-con - you need an air-con engineer; most commercial refrigeration engineers can also handle the compressor side of air-con although this might not be their main business.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • albyota
    albyota Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    Options
    Was the gas engineer a proper air conditioning engineer, I am surprised he gave you that advise, as only licensed, qualified F gas engineers (with refrigerant gas safe handling certificate) are able to purchase refrigerant gas. If the system has R22 gas (a banned substance) then you will have to replace it for a new system. If it is R407c or R410A it can be re-gassed but would need a pressure test first, you'll find info on R22 gas and the F Gas regulations here

http://www.fgasregister.com/render.do?method=showPage&name=faq
    http://www.airconsolutions.co.uk/acs2011/?page_id=632

unqualified people who mess with F gas are usually found 30 feet away, badly injured with fingers missing......:eek:
    There are three types of people in this world...those that can count ...and those that can't! ;)

* The Bitterness of Low Quality is Long Remembered after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure