We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: Site to protect against rogue traders launches

Options
2»

Comments

• Paul_Varjak
    Paul_Varjak Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    People will still fall prey to rogue and fraudulent traders. The best this scheme will do will provide protection in a genuine dispute with a genuine trader.
  • IAN1981
    Options
    I am sorry to say this, BUT I dont see how this will stop Rogue Traders ( and we all know the type ) THEY hound Home Owners on their own DOORSTEP, They start working on Peoples Drives, Trees etc, then inform the Home Owner that money is due, and they will only take CASH. I was involved with the set up of NO COLD CALLING ZONES, and dealt with the so called "TRADERS" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they will still hound the Aged and Infirm. Once Again I say sorry. But I am big enough to be proved wrong !!!!:money:
  • windy12
    windy12 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 3 December 2013 at 3:56PM
    Options
    Look at who regitered web address, place in Grimsby that has had numeros other companies registered there, I have been told that the 3 guys are just fronting this because (text removed by MSE Forum Team) can,t with his background, 000s of contractors left in lurch because he has ditched his last business.
    Conman.

like the real name of the company, as theres a payroll company called Bond International Software that already uses the name 'Bond Pay' already.
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    How do you agree when the cash is released? Most jobs are so badly specified that it will be a dirty job triggering the release conditions - I don't hink this really offers a lot, compared with staged payments, for instance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure