We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Bread maker - which one?

2

Comments

  • Sublime_2
    Sublime_2 Posts: 15,741 Forumite
    I've got this argos cookworks one, and its excellent. Trouble is the loaf gets devoured within an hour, its so yum. Worth waiting, as they're often reduced. I got mine 1/2 price.
  • RomfordNavy
    RomfordNavy Posts: 877 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Can anyone tell me if either of these bread makers have a pure Rye bread recipe as opposed to a half and half with normal wheat flour. I am supposed to be on a wheat and yeast free diet.

    Thanks
  • Swan_2
    Swan_2 Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    Can anyone tell me if either of these bread makers have a pure Rye bread recipe as opposed to a half and half with normal wheat flour. I am supposed to be on a wheat and yeast free diet.

    Thanks
    my Panasonic 255 has a recipe for 100% rye bread, so I imagine the updated model the 257 will have it as well

    I'll see if I can find a 257 manual on-line & check it for you
  • Begize
    Begize Posts: 329 Forumite
    Can anyone tell me if either of these bread makers have a pure Rye bread recipe as opposed to a half and half with normal wheat flour. I am supposed to be on a wheat and yeast free diet.

    Thanks

    We've got an SD255 as well and I can confirm it has both 100% rye and spelt recipes in the book, and they work OK.

    I cannot praise the Panasonic enough other than to say if it broke tomorrow, I'd have to buy another ASAP.
  • Swan_2
    Swan_2 Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    Swan wrote: »
    my Panasonic 255 has a recipe for 100% rye bread, so I imagine the updated model the 257 will have it as well

    I'll see if I can find a 257 manual on-line & check it for you
    the 257 has a 100% rye recipe also, but it does include yeast

    I'm not sure that you'll find a breadmaker with a yeast free recipe, other than for quick breads raised with baking powder


    the only other thing I can suggest is that the Kenwood 450 has 5 user definable programmes, & if all else fails you might be able to devise your own yeast free recipe & settings, but I imagine that would involve a lot of trial & error


    perhaps if you ask on one of the dedicated breadmaker threads someone there might be able to help

    I hope you can find what you need :)
  • Hmm looks like the decision is going to be which one does wheat and yeast free Rye bread then. As suggested I will try each of the dedicated breadmaker threads.
  • bluejulie
    bluejulie Posts: 282 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    My hubby bought one from Lidl- Sivercrest and we absolutly love the different breads that we have tried so far.Not expensive as well.
  • silly_moo
    silly_moo Posts: 395 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    I was going to buy Kenwood bm450 today at Currys but the price went up from £104 to £139 :(
    I think I will wait for the new stainless steel Panasonic which will be out soon and will also have the jam and compote making mode.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.