PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Bicarb Good Price?

Options
HIYA

I am struggling to get bulk bicarb locally, so was wondering what people consider reasonable and where from?

My local pharmacy will order it in for £5 for 1.5kg....seems a bit expensive, but maybe not?

thanks

clara.:beer:

Comments

• kathyd_2
    kathyd_2 Posts: 529 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Clara - erm...... can I ask why you want to bulk buy bicarb? Just wondering.....:confused: Am I missing out on something :D
  • mingbop
    mingbop Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    I use it to make bath bombs and go through tons. try "Just a Soap" or "the Soap Tub"
    :p
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • DebtphobicDeirdre
    Options
    I get mine in Boots, It comes in a500g pack for £1.69
    earn what you can, save what you can, give what you can :hello:
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    hi i havent seen it in our local boots is it along side the borax/washing flakes etc?
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    a local hardware store i use sells it in a box. haven't a clue on size or money tho. will have a look next time i am in there.
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Asian supermarkets sometimes have large bags.

I have a friend who is a professional potter and buys in bulk to make glaze (not sure how it works but it does!). Will ask her for the source and will let you know.

Caterina
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Unsure how much it is now but I used to get it from Food Weighhouse I think it's called.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • DebtphobicDeirdre
    Options
    In my local Boots its next to the epsom salts in the medicine section and says it is for the treatment of indigestion (and the Epsom salts for constipation). I did once see it in massive catering bags when I went to a chinese supermarket with my SIL who is chinese, but she told me it goes off quickly so I think I,ll stick to Boots.
    earn what you can, save what you can, give what you can :hello:
  • CLARABEL
    CLARABEL Posts: 444 Forumite
    Options
    well my boots doesn't seem to have it...

i got the pharmacy stuff in the end..it was for bath bombs for a school xmas fete. they sold very well ...

thanks for all the replies...i may need more soon !!

xx clara xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family