Student Finance Complaints Process

Options

Comments

• Taiko
    Taiko Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. I'm currently in an enforced move up north, so can't actually take anything on at present. Not likely to return until next week (stupid conveyancing).
  • scarlet-pimpernel
    Options
    Letter has been signed for so let's see if it gets a response.

I have spelled out why we are not happy with the situation because of the loss of bursaries and asked for a reconsideration or an Independant Assessment or, if it fits the right critera (whatever they are), an appeal.

I guess I now wait another 15 working days then contact David Willetts again.

Don't worry Taiko, I still have to wait for a possible result from the latest letter and then David Willetts. It's a long haul. You never know, they may show a little common sense.

Another problem will be recovering £119 maintenance grant my younger son repaid for 2009/10 as requested when they got the figures horribly wrong.

One thing at a time!

Hope all goes well "Up North".
  • Taiko
    Options
    It's grim up here, honest.
  • scarlet-pimpernel
    Options
    Well, progress of sorts. I have received a response from David Willetts' office saying they have asked SLC to deal with the issues raised as a matter of urgency and to confirm directly to me that it has been referred to an Independent Assessor.

I suspect these outfits tend to back each other up (from previous Ombudsman experience) but it is another step. I wonder if I will be able to turn it into an appeal after the predictable outcome?

Let's see how SLC treat urgent matters.
  • scarlet-pimpernel
    Options
    I have heard nothing yet. What a surprise!
  • scarlet-pimpernel
    Options
    Well, well. Just before I was about to chase them up again (14 working days after the nudge by David Willetts asking for it to be traeted as a matter of urgency) SF have finally agreed to pass it in to an Independent Assessor. The procedure looks interesting. I get to see how they have been dealing with the case and even get a chance to put my side. I am pleasantly surprised by this.

I still expect a closing of ranks but am prepared to appeal if necessary and possible.
  • Taiko
    Options
    Offr is still there, although I'm a bit difficult to track down right now.
  • scarlet-pimpernel
    Options
    Thanks Taiko. It is comforting to know you are there if needed. I know you are very busy but I may need some guidance through this next stage if it is written in "officialese". Let's hope it is straightforward.
  • Taiko
    Options
    Indeed. I've not known anything get this far to be honest. Not sure if it will all be postal or if there's opportunity for face to face meetings.

Let me know of developments. If it does come to a face to face, I'm happy to take time to attend. Deffo needs sorting.
  • scarlet-pimpernel
    Options
    Their letter was dated 14th September and says "We anticipate that the case will be prepared within the coming 2 weeks". Any day now then? There has been rather a lot of correspondence so perhaps it is taking longer.

Face to face - I hope not, I don't want to have to travel to Glasgow - or Darlington or wherever the Independent Assessor is based. London would suit me.

Thanks Taiko for your continued interest. I will post when I hear something.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure