We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Compers Inn - Part 31

1…121122124126127…324

Comments

  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 148,056 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    hiya all :wave:

    hope everyone's well :)

    no, nothing planned here skippy, just loads of comps to catch up with :eek::D

    hope everyone has a great day xxx
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png




  • VelvetGlove
    VelvetGlove Posts: 12,008 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Well, I've got nothing planned but some comping... just had a week off sick (self cert) with a wicked sore throat & cold. Went to the docs yesterday as I've been coughing again really bad & it seems my lung infection from last year is back - although it could be a distant cousin & not actually the same infection :rotfl: However.... 2 weeks signed off means lots of comps are going to get done & I may even get back upstraight again for a little while :D

    I may be on 'voice rest' to stop the cough reflex when my vocal chords vibrate but that won't stop me typing like a mad thing! :D
    Sad because you don't know what to do? :sad: Comping question? Take a look in the Comping Guide to find out :smiley:
  • Lakshmi7
    Lakshmi7 Posts: 339,970 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Hello. :hello:
    Well, I've got nothing planned but some comping... just had a week off sick (self cert) with a wicked sore throat & cold. Went to the docs yesterday as I've been coughing again really bad & it seems my lung infection from last year is back - although it could be a distant cousin & not actually the same infection :rotfl: However.... 2 weeks signed off means lots of comps are going to get done & I may even get back upstraight again for a little while :D

    I may be on 'voice rest' to stop the cough reflex when my vocal chords vibrate but that won't stop me typing like a mad thing! :D

    It's great to see you back Velvet Glove :), though I wish it wasn't due to a sore throat and cough. :eek: :eek:
    It is a scientific fact that your body will not absorb calories if you take it from another person's plate.
    :A :A :A
    Chocolate is the answer and I don't give a damn what
    the question is.;)
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Happy birthday dalkirst :bdaycake: :beer: hope you've had a great day xx

    VG, sorry to hear you're not well (hugs) hope you're on the mend soon :)

    Hiya skippy, fire**fly, Laks, Esther, saving Jane :wave:

    Been to cineworld with the girls to watch tangled for the pound movie, really enjoyed it! Then went into town and got myself a top & jacket reduced, so had a good day! Then I had a game of dance central with the kids which was fun!

    We could do with some fun in here again esther....anyone wanna start the karaoke off? :D
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • sheils6
    sheils6 Posts: 15,850 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    Hi everyone,

    Just got home a couple of hours ago - had a great 2 nights away! Had a brilliant time at Drayton Manor yesterday and went to Shugborough Estate today ( Historical Farm Estate etc a bit like Beamish) Everything went well but it was a bit tiring as we drove home tonight instead of staying a 3rd night. It is a four and a half hour drive to Stafford from here. It was a good family time though and thanks to Tesco Tokens and Priority Club points didn't cost much apart from £100 petrol money!

    Off to do some comps now!

    sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media


    Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 148,056 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    evening all :wave:

    happy birthday dal :bdaycake: hope you've had a great day _party_


    sounds like you all had a great time sheils :j

    hope you're feeling better soon VG (((hugs)))

    sounds like you've had a great day to wingo :j

    got loads of rhubarb here from nieghbours & my garden :rotfl:
    so been making apple & rhubarb pies/crumbles in between here today :D been fun doing them :D
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png




  • Going to pics tomorrow, hopefully, to see Winnie The Pooh @ Kids Club then have a voucher for Pizza Hut, adults for £5 & kids eat free - had a stressful day so think this will be a nice end to the weekend!!!
    2025 - finally back comping after a stressful house move - send me fairy dust please!

    2026 winnings!!!

    January - £10 The Spin Off 
                    Ayumi Shilajit Resin 
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    I think I will go to pics every saturday for a pound, well worth it!
    It makes a change me finding something I like in the shops too...first shop I went in & saw the jacket I liked. It was my birthday yesterday and bro gave me a scratchcard in the card & I won £20 on it so it paid for it! :D

    My dd said something about winnie the pooh but I didnt see that one advertised. Hope you've managed to unwind after your stressful day princessmoneysaver :)

    My youngest dd shouted on the bus on the way home...."mam, whats a piste?" :o When I asked where she had heard it from she said...'cos grandad always says he's going on the piste before he goes to pub!' :eek: (I told her it was a ski slope!)
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • Odeon Kids Club is £2.50 for a child but then an adult gets in free so will only be £5 for the 4 of us, taking £20 from my £2 coins jar so hoping that will cover most if not all of it including lunch. Got a letter today for high school saying which 'house' DD's in & she'll start on 18th July!!!!!
    2025 - finally back comping after a stressful house move - send me fairy dust please!

    2026 winnings!!!

    January - £10 The Spin Off 
                    Ayumi Shilajit Resin 
  • Evening all! A tune for all of us Compers! xxx

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBR2G-iI3-I
    "You give a little love and it all comes back to you! La La La La La La La!"
    Just loving comping and the good guys here!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.