Kent Reliance BS Direct ISA rate increased to 5.46%

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
12 replies 1.8K views
Kazza242Kazza242 Forumite
1.9K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
Kent Reliance BS will increase the rate on their Direct Mini Cash ISA by the full 0.25%, from 5.21% to 5.46%, effective from the 1st December 2006.

The new rate now appears on the Moneyfacts website, here .
Please call me 'Kazza'.

Replies

• zarzar Forumite
    284 Posts
    Well done Kent Reliance, I've been impressed since I opened my Isa with them earlier this year.

(this post is really just a bump to get this thread higher than the one with the incorrect headline ;) )
    :shhh: There's somewhere you can go and get books to read... for free!
    :coffee: Rediscover your local library! _party_
  • zar wrote:
    (this post is really just a bump to get this thread higher than the one with the incorrect headline ;) )
    Do you realise how big of an idiot I feel right now, do ya? :p

The branch based Kent Reliance mini-cash ISA is getting a rise from 5.01% to 5.16%. A rise of only 0.15% :naughty: .
    "The state is the great fiction by which everybody seeks to live at the expense of everybody else." -- Frederic Bastiat, 1848.
  • ReportInvestorReportInvestor Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who on earth uses a branch based ISA at KRBS?

Their whole policy has been to destroy their branch network in order to be able to offer better rates to the nation.
  • Amazed to see that they now have only ONE branch! Still a number of agencies though.
  • Is this 5.46% ISA viewable online? I.e. do Kent Reliance offer internet banking?
  • Mr_MumbleMr_Mumble Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Fait accompli, it is a postal only account which is probably a good thing given how awful Kent Reliance's website is ;)

ReportInvestor, are you saying many a Kent pensioner wouldn't prefer a passbook, easy access and personal contact over an extra 0.2% interest? The idea that KR are killing off branches for the good of savers is specious, maybe you'd like to explain why the best ISA rate offered by a building society currently is the branch-only Newcastle xmas offering?
    "The state is the great fiction by which everybody seeks to live at the expense of everybody else." -- Frederic Bastiat, 1848.
  • Mr_Mumble wrote:
    which is probably a good thing given how awful Kent Reliance's website is ;)

There, and I was begining to think it was me! Designed by a 16 year old with a penchant for wiz, I would say. Horrible!
  • gil13gil13 Forumite
    297 Posts
    i can't see anyhting on KR's website about what you need to send (forms of ID) with new ISA applications, the information is a bit sketchy. I did try to call them earlier but there is a long wait on the phone system, not a good sign.
  • moor426moor426 Forumite
    27 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    They check ID electronically if they can. My husband's ID was confirmed this way. If more information is required they write. I had to send a certified copy of my passport and a recent utility bill to open my own account.
  • Thanks moor426, was just looking for that info when i found this sentance on Kent Reliance BS's website-

'Opening an account - proof of identity and address requirements
    The Society will conduct a search of a variety of registers in order to establish proof of identity and address'
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides