We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Knitting needles for scarves
Comments
-
goonlord wrote:Someone bought me one of the pre-packed kits from M&S and it made a lovely scarf (the wool is thin in places and very fat, like it has been teased out, in others). Does anyone know where I could buy wool like this on it's own?? It is beautiful!
not sure if this is the wool that you mean but I knitted this on size 10 needles and used 3 balls of 49p wool from Home Bargains
I think it was 15 stitches, all knit.

and I hope thses pics come out smaller this time :rolleyes::cool: Official DFW Nerd Club Member #37 Debt free Feb 07 :cool:0 -
Thanks oops a daisy - that is the kind of thing I meant. Just got to locate a Home Bargains near me now....0
-
have been told many times that charity shops are a great place to source buth knitting needles and wool. yet when i visited all 3 close to wherei live none of them had any and looked at me very strangely. is there a certain area that is good for these? i also knit these scarves and use a 4mm needle and they come out lovely hth0
-
Thanks to this thread I have finally started to knit up, into a scarf, the bargain feather wool (just like eyelash) that I picked up in Tragomills during the summer hols. I am knitting on size 5mm red metalic needles and the wool is an orange and cerise mix! Think I will glow in the dark!:D
When searching for knitting needles at charity shops always ask at the counter as they often keep them out the back as they could be used as a weapon!:eek:Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.
Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£1200 -
bizzylizzy wrote:I have the wool for a fluffy scarf but I'm not sure which size needles to use. So far I have been told to use Size 1 (in old money)/7.50mm,but also have read that you can use 6mm & 4mm. I'm having a problem finding Size 1's but may have to resort to buying some!
I have 2 balls of wool per scarf. What needles have other people used?
Right, I have picked out the largest needles I've got (which are size 4 in old money) and started knitting. It's looking great! :j
Thanks very much!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards