IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

1/2 Price Breakdown cover with Norwich Union direct

in Motoring
32 replies 3.2K views

Replies

• toozie_2toozie_2 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Took out cover last Sunday, not received docs yet either, will phone later. Do you think they've BEEN LOST IN POST!!
    :j
  • Liz19Liz19 Forumite
    673 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Still waiting for documents. Starting to lose patience now (and I am noted for being very patient!). Phoned tonight and was told by customer services that they will send them out by Royal Mail Special Delivery and I should get them on Thursday. So here's hoping.
  • Father_ChristmasFather_Christmas Forumite
    297 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Actually recieved my documents today after phoning to ask where 1st set were.
    Very happy with price paid and level of cover. (customer service bit poor but lets see what happens when (if) i breakdown!)
    Am i here to save money or spend money......hmmmmm
  • What a corker. I rang up asked them for a quote for everything including European cover and was told £133.33 reduced to £94.66 with discount code. Enquired how much it would be if I had everything except European cover and it came down to £38.66! Cover any car for wife and me, home start, onward travel.
  • Liz19Liz19 Forumite
    673 Posts
    ✭✭
    Finally received documents today - 2 sets!!!
  • mick307mick307 Forumite
    41 Posts
    New user, its nice to see everyone is happy with their breakdown cover.

I'm an AA man, these comments are based on experience not heresay. When/if you need to call them out, compare the service then, not now. You will find that the likes of AA/RAC are streets ahead when it comes to preffessionalism(sp), skill and customer service.

Did you know that Norwich Union has just bought the RAC, who is going to be coming out to you? I dont think they know yet either.

If you would like a quote for AA cover drop me an email with a phone number, time to call and your postcode and i will arrange for someone to contact you. We may not be the cheapest, we are the best.

Mick

hel dot tom at ntlworld dot com
  • scopescope Forumite
    764 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    mick307 wrote:
    New user, its nice to see everyone is happy with their breakdown cover.

I'm an AA man, these comments are based on experience not heresay. When/if you need to call them out, compare the service then, not now. You will find that the likes of AA/RAC are streets ahead when it comes to preffessionalism(sp), skill and customer service.

Did you know that Norwich Union has just bought the RAC, who is going to be coming out to you? I dont think they know yet either.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I thought the NU Breakdown cover was provided by RAC.. Might be wrong.

edit: I've just phones NU and it is indeed RAC that will come to the rescue.
  • caseycasey Forumite
    150 Posts
    Hello.Thanks for this tip.I phoned this afternoon and was quoted £108 for the full package.With this code it was halfed to £54.This included homestart recovery onward travel and courtesy car!!!The chap did ask where the code came from so I said a friend gave it to me.Thanks again.
    Casey
  • When taking out joint cover using companies like Norwich Union who give out a 'custom' quote based on car age and other factors, rather than one fixed rate for all customers, note that the premium is always cheaper if the named policyholder is male rather than female.
  • cmc_2cmc_2 Forumite
    9 Posts
    The half price Norwich Union Rescue Offer only applies to customers taking out a car insurance policy with NU.

Staff that give this away as a standalone discount will be investigated and dealt with.

Be warned....
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News