IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

1/2 Price Breakdown cover with Norwich Union direct

in Motoring
32 replies 3.2K views

Replies

• Toozie - I think I need something similar to you for my partner and I to drive our two cars, with other people driving them occasionally.

Was yours for personal cover or cover for two vehicles? Or even a combination of both.
  • toozie_2toozie_2 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    He asked the details of both cars, stating that if I gave him the youngest first, it would be cheaper (this was before I told him the code!)

The level of cover is for either of us driving or a passenger in any car, or a person lending ether of our two cars with permission.

Then only think I didn't want was Homestart , as i know enough people to help if the car breaks down at home. This facility may increase your premium.

Also our newest car is a MPV, seating 7, he stated that if we were on holiday/away for the day and broke down all 7 people would be transported to our destination-not bad eh?
    :j
  • Liz19Liz19 Forumite
    673 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Is anyone else still waiting for their breakdown documentation? I took it out last Monday and the money has been taken out of the bank but I don't have my documents yet.
  • millamilla Forumite
    292 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I had the same problem before Christmas . Just ring them up and 'remind ' them .............
    Without the rain you wouldn't have the rainbows !

I came into this world with nothing and I've still got most of it left!
  • Father_ChristmasFather_Christmas Forumite
    297 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Liz19 wrote:
    Is anyone else still waiting for their breakdown documentation? I took it out last Monday and the money has been taken out of the bank but I don't have my documents yet.

I still waiting too.
    Am i here to save money or spend money......hmmmmm
  • sevlowsevlow Forumite
    227 Posts
    Yes,

I was wondering about the documentation thgis morning. I made a note of the policy number and will contact them on Friday if nothing shows.
    No Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • BenLBenL Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have your documents turned up??

I used the back in October when it first came out.

Will be interested at renewal time to see what happens.

Have you all got the 0% 4 month installments as well??

Ben
    I beep for Robins - Beep Beep
    & Choo Choo for trains!!
  • Father_ChristmasFather_Christmas Forumite
    297 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    No 0% for me.

Rang today about documents and they gonna send out another set.

Seems strange how a few of us have not recieved them.
    Am i here to save money or spend money......hmmmmm
  • Liz19Liz19 Forumite
    673 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Rang on Monday to chase up documents and they said they would send out a second set which would be with me by end of this week. Guess what, today is Friday and still no documents! I have just phoned again and they are going to send out a third set, as according to them the last two must have got lost in post (strange as I am not having any problem getting any other mail!) which will be here sometime next week. Hope if I ever need roadside assistance they don't take as long to send out breakdown truck:( Maybe if you only pay 1/2 price you only get 1/2 the service:)
  • Hi,

I to got this cover after seeing an old thread ( thought i posted a big thank but it must been on another thread about the same subject )

Anyway got full cover for £58-00 and like some other people just advised got the code out of a leaflet.

They advised would get the documents in 5 - 7 workings days, plus at the start the call they say the calls are recorded so I repeated to the lady in bagalore that the 58-00 is for full cover - 2 cars - 2 drivers minus European recovery THREE TIMES

I to never got the docs in the post so I called and chased and when they advised what cover they had given is the lowest cover – Time to speak to the manager and advised that the calls are recorded and pull the tapes off – So they agreed to put full cover on while they pull the tapes.

So to cover me further sent a recorded delivery letter to there Sheffield office, got full apology letter back and full cover given but what makes this better that bought a new car and told them of the change “16-00” refund

Very happy chappy.

Make sure that if you havent gott sent the docs please chase
    Tell it as it should be....
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides