Cot/Crib question?

Options
2»

Comments

• leandygandy
    leandygandy Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

I'll be watching this thread with interest as we have recently started to think about a cot for when our little one arrives.

If you don't mind me slightly highjacking your thread koala, can anybody recommend a slim cot? We don't have a spare room to turn into a nursery, so baby will be in our bedroom with us. We'll have a moses basket in the living room and the best place for a cot in our bedroom is next to the bed, but the end will need to go into an alcove that is approximately 2 ft wide (need to measure it properly).

We've accepted that we will end up buying whatever fit rather than what looks pretty (pleeeeeeeease don't let it be too expensive lol) so if you've seen anything that may be suitable in your travels, please let me know!

I really like the look of the stokke, koala, if you've been saving and it's what you want then I say go for it! I don't know anyone that has one I am afraid so I can't comment on if it's any good though xx
  • onlyroz
    onlyroz Posts: 17,661 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd suggest you look for a second hand one on ebay etc - baby furniture is always for sale and is usually in good condition because it doesn't get used for that long.
  • shelley_crow
    shelley_crow Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    Options
    have you seen the price of the sheets? £34 for one sheet on kiddicare when I looked a few weeks ago, eek!

I looked at them too but couldn't justify spending that amount of money.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It is nice and if you like it and can afford it, go for it. You will get good money on ebay if you decide to sell afterwards anyway.

I, personally did not spend much on baby stuff as I just did not want to spend a lot.

I love the baby/kids stuff in Ikea, wish it had been around when I had my kids.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure