Cot/Crib question?

I am currently looking at options for a crib/cot for our impending arrival. :p. I am interested in the Stokke Sleepi as it seems to tick all of the boxes for us but was wondering if anybody here has any experience with them and whether they are a good product or not before we buy one?

Thank you. :)

Comments

• twi1ight
    twi1ight Posts: 485 Forumite
    I think they're gorgeous and would love one. Get good reviews if you do an online search. The thing that puts me off is the price and I'm not sure if you have to keep buy the parts and mattresses to make it bigger or if it all comes at once. Nice cots go for next to nothing on ebay so that's my plan, then I can spend as much or as little as I want on a mattress.
  • Apricot
    Apricot Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    I think they look gorgeous but they are very expensive! I don't know anyone who has one IRL to comment though x
    :happylove DD July 2011:happylove

Aug 13 [STRIKE]£4235.19[/STRIKE]:eek: £2550.00 :cool:
  • koalamummy
    koalamummy Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    Thank you :). I love the look of it especially how it can start off as a crib and expand into a cot bed. I think you get all of the parts for the crib and cot bed with the sleepi package but am not totally certain. I am trying to find out if this cot is robust enough for a boisterous youngster as I had previously bought a cot for my youngest son and he proceeded to kick the footboard off of it and in so doing managed to burst the screw sockets open so that it could not be rebuilt! He was only 11 months old at the time! :rotfl:
  • vroombroom
    vroombroom Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    I just googled them and am like this:eek::eek: at the price. I dont know anyone who has one but they do look lovely

*wanders off wondering if her son will appreciate his £34 cot from Ikea...*
    :j:jOur gorgeous baby boy born 2nd May 2011 - 12 days overdue!!:j:j
  • iceicebaby
    iceicebaby Posts: 3,633
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Mine has an ikea cot too!
    Baby Ice arrived 17th April 2011. Tired.com! :j
  • madbird_2
    madbird_2 Posts: 703 Forumite
    As lovely as it looks is seems an awful lot of money for what it is, personally I couldn't justify that amount of money. I've probably spent less than £400 so far on baby, getting as much as I can when things are on offer, that includes pushchair, carseat, travel cot etc.

Would it be difficult to get sheets to fit an oval shape?

Possible its just me but I don't get the whole Stokke thing at all, I really don't like the look of the pushchair pram thing either!
    :heart2:Baby boy madbird arrived 15/06/11 by emergency csection weighing 9lb 13oz:eek: love him so much xx:heart2:
  • twi1ight
    twi1ight Posts: 485 Forumite
    madbird wrote: »
    Possible its just me but I don't get the whole Stokke thing at all, I really don't like the look of the pushchair pram thing either!

I'm with you on the pushchair. Not for me, AT ALL. I think it's hideous but each to their own, I know many love it. I'd buy a stokke highchair though. We had one when I was growing up and it's still going strong now.
  • koalamummy
    koalamummy Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    Sorry I really didnt mean to come across as being rude or offensive about others choices :(.

Vroom I am sure your little boy will love his cot I know that most babies do and that none ever care where they were bought or what was paid for them. :)

I just really like the crib feature and the fact that it can be mobile due to the wheels. Moses baskets have been ruled out for us as our youngest (the cot destroyer) is only 2 and a bit of a bruiser so it just wouldn't be a safe option. :(. Both rocking and glider cribs have been ruled out as had both for both of my sons and neither of them settled in them at all. :(

I know that it is a lot of money to spend on one item but I have been saving money elsewhere when buying various baby items.
  • vroombroom
    vroombroom Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    aw it wasnt rude or anyting, just a LOT of money to spend on a cot they might only been in for 2/3 years - thats just my twopenceworth though x
    :j:jOur gorgeous baby boy born 2nd May 2011 - 12 days overdue!!:j:j
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,915
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    we got a wicker crib from mothercare which is really sturdy.. might wicker be a cheaper option?
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts