Thursday 31st March - What small DFW things will you be doing today?

Options
pixiechick99
pixiechick99 Posts: 3,713 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 31 March 2011 at 7:26AM in Debt-free wannabe
When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free :money:

Examples could be charging your phone up at work instead of at home to save your electricity, hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important. :D

Good morning peoole...very quick post from me...I wasn't going to come on here but couldn't resist and when I saw no thread...well, I had to start it:T
So, quiet day here - work, home bed...thats about it;) Must make it an NSD so I hit my 10 target this month:j

Here's my list:
  • check banking - all fine, tax credits in so moved money about
  • check onepoll....and hope its quicker than yesterday:(
  • packed lunch for dd2 to school
  • luch from home for me
  • free cuppas at work
  • meal from plan - jackets and chicken
  • parcel of ebay sale is waiting in the shed for the courier - £85 sale for dd2:beer:
  • Uni work
  • heating only on for 1.5 hrs morn and eve
  • NSD
Have a fab day - Friday tomorrow woopwoop:D:D
I really need to sort out a new signature!

Comments

• bexs.ua
    bexs.ua Posts: 151 Forumite
    edited 1 April 2011 at 7:41AM
    Options
    Morning everyone!! :wave:

Thanks everyone for doggie well wishes, he's much perkier today, in fact you'd never even know he's has 6" squared of skin removed! It's nice to see him being so silly again :rotfl: :T I'm feeling mighty productive today :D which is a good job cos I got loads to do! On todays list:

[STRIKE]Turn heating off for most of the day [/STRIKE] will only go back on later tonight
    [STRIKE]clean the kitchen :eek: OH gone back to work today and it looks like a bombsite :rotfl:[/STRIKE] Done!! Phew
    [STRIKE]wash at 30[/STRIKE] 2 loads so far! but 1 at 95 as dogs beds :o but the sun has come out so they've been on the line outside :T
    [STRIKE]all food from stores[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Sort of invoice mountain[/STRIKE] only "miscellaneous" left...
    [STRIKE]work from home so no fuel costs[/STRIKE] :T
    [STRIKE]do some batch cooking[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]finish the ironing[/STRIKE]

I'm sure I'll find some other odd little bits an pieces to do as well, and weather is carp here so I'll have to find somewhere to air the washing :(

Hope you all have a great MSE day :T
  • stitching_witch
    Options
    Good morning my lovelies. Woohoo, it's payday for me, albeit by cheque which I have to take to the company's bank to cash, then ask DH to meet me at work and take the cash to my bank in the next town to pay it in so that all my DDs can come out tomorrow. What a stupid, old-fashioned way to run a business!! :mad: I've been there 9 months and am still amazed at the way we're paid.

I have managed to stay in the black in all my accounts and even my rent is up to date thanks to a tax rebate.
    Dear HMRC, please can you pay me £200 every month? ;)

So far:
    • checked banking
    • checked for surveys
    • made lunch to take to work
    • fed and watered the chickens
    • updated Micr0s0ft M0ney with salary payment
    I will also:
    • get salary into my bank (see above)
    • do some overtime before and after work
    • take bike instead of car as it uses less fuel
    • free drinks at work
    • charge mobile at work
    • meals from stores
    • have an NSD
    • knit a bit of sock this evening
    • try to sparkle
    I hope everyone has a good day, only two more sleeps til the weekend :D

stitchy x
    Making magic with fabric
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
  • Candy0107
    Candy0107 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all,

Pixie - thanks for starting the thread today

Yay, Thursday :D :T …..finishing work at 4pm today for the monthly tea party (which is ironic as the only drinks on offer are ber, wine, orange juice or water) hosted by CEO

Today I have/will
    • Will try for a LSD – only topped up my Starbucks card (buy a coffee and get a free bag of coffee today only)
    • Looked for MS jobs
    • Make an effort to be nice to everyone today AND try to be positive
    • Checked my online banking – worked out what is left, and there is money left over :eek:
    • Meals from storecupboard
    • Used railpass to get to work
    • Charge phone at work later
    • Read newspaper online
    • Need to check out the freebies and the competition boards
    • Enter comps online
    • Washing on a quick wash 30 degrees
    • Will read the thread tonight when I get home
    • Going to WW tonight – will update with my result :o

Take care everyone
    Candy xxx
    Debts at the start of my journey - about £23,000 lightbulb moment 01.03.2007 (1st payment to CCCS)..Debt Free Date 25.06.2013 Deposit savings £17,000/£30,000
  • complimentschemistry
    complimentschemistry Posts: 280 Forumite
    edited 31 March 2011 at 9:27AM
    Options
    Morning all! Feeling pretty good today despite the rainy weather... had a bit of a problem with my pay with the fact that I've been paid too much! Not sure if it's actually a problem but I don't wanna spend it just incase they want it back... any ideas what to do about this?! EDIT: Found out why I got paid extra, I'm doing a first aid course and I get £100 bonus for doing it :)

Stuff for the day:-
    • Check online banking - DONE
    • LSD - under £10 as I only need lunch & going pub for soft drink after work!
    • Subway for lunch as my fave sub is sub of the day :j
    • Free tea/water at work
    • Going to try and work hard today in hopes that'll improve my working situation
    • Change my PAYG package to Canary from Dolphin so I'll get free calls too :) and top up £10 to see how far that'll get me
    • Help some people out on the MSE forums
    • Check email - DONE
    • Look for Hungry Horse restaurant vouchers
    Happy Moneysaving! xx
    October Grocery Challenge - £67.18/£135
    Save up £500 - £0/£500
    NSDs for October - 0/10
  • Yargo1
    Yargo1 Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    morning all

Pay Day today for me too.. time for the bills to be paid! lol

checked online banking

charging mobile / ipod etc..

have a good day all x
    DEBT FREE - MARCH 2012 - NOW JUST THE MORTGAGE!
    MFW 2012 No.148:£1600 / £450.00
    Mortgage - 102,57.16
  • butler1882
    butler1882 Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    morning all. payday for me though its pretty much all accounted for. today im going to
    -check one poll
    - post ebay items
    -going for a tattoo at half 2 (not moneysaving i know but ive wanted one for my dad ever since he died and im finally off work and have a bit of money)
  • Rock_Cakes
    Rock_Cakes Posts: 428 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

Thanks to Pixie for starting us off. Back from the epic journey for my interview, 9 hours for a 30 min interview. :eek: Have no idea how it went, have to wait for 3 weeks now, ho hum.

Today I will;
    Walk to work
    Check bank balance
    Check surveys
    Homemade lunch
    Walk from home
    Yoga
    Tidy flat
    Do last months accounts

Have a great day
    xx
    *Official DFW Nerd #1368 - Proud to be dealing with my debts*
    *Debts at LBM (11 Jan 2011): -£16400.62* Currently: -5948.68 (64% paid )*4 CC and 3 OD*
    Current DFD: [STRIKE]Oct 2012[/STRIKE] May 2012
    :eek:
  • Tiggy10
    Tiggy10 Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all!

- All food from home, my left overs make spag bol! :) should be able to get through til next friday without buying much food then im bak home for 3 weeks!
    - Carry on planning my lessons for teaching practice
    - go for a run, really need to get into getting fit for race for life!
    - going out tonight to a where's wally themed charity night, already have my tickets. aiming to keep spends below £10!

Rock_cakes - hope ur interview went well, not sure if u saw on previous posts im doing the same course you are applying for so if you every have any questions or what not, feel free to ask! :D

Have a good day all!!
    Paying it all off in 2017:
    Finance 1- [STRIKE]115[/STRIKE] Paid Jan 2017
    Finance 2- 335
    CC - [STRIKE]2000[/STRIKE]1800
    OD 1 - [STRIKE]2200[/STRIKE] 1850
    OD 2 - 2500
  • Hazydaze_2
    Options
    Wow!! Having read all the posts its made me realise that the only reason I am skint is because I don't watch my money!!! Now inspired to watch every penny so as of today I will keep an eye on my bank account, not go out for coffee when work has vending machines with a free supply, will start taking food into work as I often spend too much (breakfast and lunch = £5 per day!!). Hopefully if I stick it out I should actually be able to save for a holiday!!! Thanks all xx
  • kevstanley
    kevstanley Posts: 180 Forumite
    edited 31 March 2011 at 10:59AM
    Options
    Morning all :)

Had a bit of a shock this morning, as the phone bill came in, and my daughter spent £20 last month calling a friend's mobile:eek: Just when I thought the kids were on board with money saving. We will be having words about it later, and setting some even clearer boundaries!

That aside, here's my list for the day:
    • done surveys
    • making bread (haven't bought any for 2.5 months now)
    • homemade soup for lunch
    • family sent off with packed lunches
    • laundry airing indoors, because of rain (boo!)
    • dinner from stores/menu
    • crack on with bedroom painting
    • finally get around to ironing. Am feeling almost human again today, so no excuses!
    • checked banking - looking fine (despite recent boiler issues), and now thinking a bit more overpayment on cc should be ok this month

I hope you're all surviving the "spring" weather out there ;)
    2011 wins: 2 day gym membership, film download, NETBOOK!
    Debt at LBM: [STRIKE][/STRIKE] [STRIKE]26/1/11 = £4733.26[/STRIKE] 11/6/11 = £3759.384
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure