We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Insurance companies being generous?

ElkyElky
ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
My renewal is due so I've being doing some quotes for the last few days and they were all coming back at around £1500. It didn't matter how hard I tried, I physically couldn't get it any lower.

Got my renewal letter today from Admiral and I was expecting it to be considerably more since they seem to be bumping everyones premiums up just now. Much to my shock they are only wanting £700.

I did an insurance quote on their website today (and also did one for Elephant) and was quoted £1443 for Admiral and a few pound more for Elephant.

Why is it Admiral would charge 1443 for me being a 'new customer' but my renewal with them is only 700? Not complaining but it does seem low compared to every other quote I've done.
We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• hillcats
    hillcats Posts: 899 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Are you sure that all the details they currently hold are correct?
    Maybe they are giving you some NCB now?

ASK ?
    ORIGINAL MORTGAGE AMOUNT £106,454.00 (Started Sept 2007)
    NOV 2021 O/S AMOUNT £1,694.41 OUR DEBT REDUCED BY £104,759.59 by std regular, over-payments & off-setting.
    BofE +0.19% Tracker Repayment Offset Mortgage Discounted Sept 07-10 then increased to BofE +0.62% until 2027
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    Check all the detals.
    If they are correct, pay it.
    If they are wrong, tell them.
  • paddedjohn
    paddedjohn Posts: 7,512 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary
    Check the payment details, i had a quote for my daughter for £750 but when i asked for monthly terms they told me that deal was cash only, to pay monthly the policy would cost £1100 plus a credit charge bringing the total to about £1250. Needless to say i paid cash.
    Be Alert..........Britain needs lerts.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,296 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Basically what everyone is else saying, check the details, twice if you have to, and if correct then pay it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.