We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Will I ever get my DFW mojo back?

2

Comments

  • Molanole
    Molanole Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Aw thanks everyone! It's so good knowing that there's support here and it all helps to keep me disciplined. :T
    It sounds as though you haven't actually slipped off the DFW wagon, just that your grip is a bit precarious at the moment. So this post and the other preceding and following it is to help pull you back into the centre of the wagon surrounded by the rest of us to stop you falling again.

    Flowerofscotland - you're right. I'm not fully off the wagon. I haven't been fully off the wagon since my LBM but recently, as you say, my grip has been a bit precarious. I think that's the power of this site though, and the DFW community particularly, that without it I would really be stuck by now but having come so far I now know how to look out for the warning signs. If I'd not found this site by now I would be blindly ignoring my debt, overspending like crazy and making the dreaded minimum payments on everything!
    moozie wrote:
    Hang in there, keep reading and posting if possible and you'll be back in the swing of things before you know it.

    Hi Moozie - how are you getting on? I think I've missed all the recent news.

    Over the next two weeks I expect to be doing some very long days and a few overnighters but come 6th December I shall be using up the 4 weeks annual leave I carried into this leave year (we get six weeks anyway!) and I'm taking a month off work. During that month I'm going to spend my time posting on here, getting back on top of things and hitting the gym. It's time I invested in me! Tightening my precarious grip is priority. I'm here for the long haul as Moozie says.
    £16K is a huge challenge but if anyone can do it you can!

    Mrs Sparkle - thanks for the AMAZING vote of confidence! It will be a tough year but I'm pretty determined to get there. Here's to 2007, the year of the DFW! :beer:
    Debt Free Nerd No. 89, LBM: April 2006, Debt at highest (Sept 05): £40,939.96
    NOW TOTALLY DEBT FREE!!!!!!!! Woooo hooooooo!!! DEBT FREE DATE: 23 December 2009
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Molanole wrote:

    Hi Moozie - how are you getting on? I think I've missed all the recent news.

    Over the next two weeks I expect to be doing some very long days and a few overnighters but come 6th December I shall be using up the 4 weeks annual leave I carried into this leave year (we get six weeks anyway!) and I'm taking a month off work. During that month I'm going to spend my time posting on here, getting back on top of things and hitting the gym. It's time I invested in me! Tightening my precarious grip is priority. I'm here for the long haul as Moozie says.

    Hey sweetie

    So lovely to see you back and more positive/confident! :T Hope to see a lot more of that while you are off work :)

    Thanks for asking after me, I am doing great! :D The short update is that the debt repayment is going fab, got a new temporary job (6 months then back to my normal job) with £4,000 pa increase, bought a lovely house with my OH and we are moving in 3 weeks and we also got engaged and hoping to get married next year.

    Keep posting, it helps I promise! Us long haul DFWs must stick together!
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • Dan2779
    Dan2779 Posts: 83 Forumite
    I know exactly how you feel!!

    I have been absolutely hopeless recently, spending a fortune on lunches and not filling out my spending diary.. I put it down to it being Winter and miserable and I am also working hard!

    Keep at it!! I am sure you will regain your mojo soon!!!

    Danielle
    Debt at Highest £3989.04 on 01/09/06:eek:
    Debt Free 15/04/07 :j

    :cool: £2 Savings Cub - £96 (£50 banked)
  • Hi Molanole.

    Just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one who has seen their debt go up instead of down after a period of progress. I know how frustrating it is.

    I'm just about to take a deep breath (OK, just have!) and start again so, I really know how you feel.

    Try to start your diary again - even if your boss sees it he /she probably wouldn't say anything about such a sensitive subject. And even if he/she did - you could just deny it?!
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • Molanole
    Molanole Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Dan2779 wrote:
    I have been absolutely hopeless recently, spending a fortune on lunches and not filling out my spending diary.. I put it down to it being Winter and miserable and I am also working hard!

    OMG, tell me about it! The lunches thing is so bad - it costs so much money!! To think all those years I've been popping out for a sandwich. If only I'd realised five years ago :rolleyes:. I need to sort that one out over the next two weeks. Once I'm off work it will not be a problem but thankfully the OH is busy in the kitchen making me some pasta to take for my lunch tomorrow. Bless him!
    moozie wrote:
    Us long haul DFWs must stick together

    Too right moozie! We'll get there in the end! Congrats on all your amazing news by the way. You must be channelling positive energy from somewhere! You go girl!
    Debt Free Nerd No. 89, LBM: April 2006, Debt at highest (Sept 05): £40,939.96
    NOW TOTALLY DEBT FREE!!!!!!!! Woooo hooooooo!!! DEBT FREE DATE: 23 December 2009
  • Molanole
    Molanole Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one who has seen their debt go up instead of down after a period of progress. I know how frustrating it is.

    Hi LookingAhead. Thanks for sharing. It's always good to know that others occasionally have the same blips (which I mean in the nicest way of course). I'm sure the same applies to you in that if you hadn't found this site you'd probably just have carried on, ignoring the problem. You're in a far better position now as you are aware of the problem.

    So many people have said so many nice things in this thread though. So, in short, we just need to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and crack on. Hang in there girl. I'm here if you ever need a keeping-us-focussed kick-up-the-backside!!
    Debt Free Nerd No. 89, LBM: April 2006, Debt at highest (Sept 05): £40,939.96
    NOW TOTALLY DEBT FREE!!!!!!!! Woooo hooooooo!!! DEBT FREE DATE: 23 December 2009
  • Thanks Molanole - I probably will need it :smiley:
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • System
    System Posts: 178,486 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    I know how you feel, I've lost the bubble lately. But got to dig in, it will be long hard slog. It feels like a blind summit.......you get to what you think is the top of the hill only to see another huge summit in front of you. Onwards and upwards.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Molanole
    Molanole Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi lenny.

    Onwards and upwards indeed. You can join me and LookingAhead and all the other long haulers who are feeling the pinch at the mo in regaining our DFW mojo(s).

    Keep it up mate - you'll get there.

    Mola x
    Debt Free Nerd No. 89, LBM: April 2006, Debt at highest (Sept 05): £40,939.96
    NOW TOTALLY DEBT FREE!!!!!!!! Woooo hooooooo!!! DEBT FREE DATE: 23 December 2009
  • This thread is the first step back in the right direction for you so don't worry too much - you could have just decided to ignore things altogether and never post on here again - but you didn't so well done!
    Current Joint Debts: CC 0% [STRIKE]New Transfer 25.10.06 £6732 15.11.06 £6492.00 03.02.07 £5259.20[/STRIKE] 23.04.07 £3985, Loan 7.5% [STRIKE]01.05.06 £20135.10 15.11.06 £18416.25 03.02.07 £17529.55 [/STRIKE] 23.04.07 17188.50 inc. interest

    Plan: Clear CCs by Sept 07, DFD: 30.09.08, Then onto mortgage
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 198, Proud to be dealing with my debts
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.