PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Super Scrimpers

Options

Comments

• jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    the sad thing is I got a notebook out to write down any good idea's - did not need to use it though!
  • Greenqueen_2
    Options
    cant help but think "penney poyser---no waste like home"---exactly the same format.
  • Cullumpster
    Cullumpster Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    Options
    thank goodness for that, i was imagining all sorts :rofl:
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    BettiePage wrote: »
    Wow, over £2k a month overspend on a joint salary of just over £100kpa!

I know ....We only bring home half their overspend per month :rotfl:
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    I'll watch it next week to see if it improves but so far not impressed.
  • seabright
    seabright Posts: 639 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The eggshell tip was new to me. DP is an ace amateur plumber, so I will run it past him and report back on what he says.

I am staggered at the overspend. They honestly believed that a takeaway was cheaper than eating at home? These are (apparently) intelligent people! A guess this shows there is not necessarily a link between intelligence and common sense!
  • Vaila
    Vaila Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    Options
    Not impressed at all, the one thing that did shock me was the amount of bank statements left on the ground!

None of the tips were that useful, yes we know growing veg and cooking from scratch is frugal, but to be honest there are far more modern tips on this board! Its quite hard to think that a family that earns so well would live beyond their means by so much too.

Too gimmicky, sorry
  • Bronnie
    Bronnie Posts: 4,165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 March 2011 at 10:40PM
    Options
    There was a lady ( with glasses, Juliette the sweetpea/toilet roll lady) who had a large kilt type safety pin as a brooch. Isn't a safety pin what OSers use to identify each other when they have a meet? Was that a clue that she was from this Board??!!

ETA remembered the name of the lady!
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Bronnie wrote: »
    There was a lady ( with glasses, sitting down, red cardi I think) who had a large kilt type safety pin as a brooch. Isn't a safety pin what OSers use to identify each other when they have a meet? Was that a clue that she was from this Board??!!

ooh how exciting its like a miss marple adventure lol

I did like the idea of the perfume and baby oil for the bath , i might try it
    didnt learn anything else though :(
  • seabright
    seabright Posts: 639 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Right, have asked DP about the eggshells. It was a new idea to him, he wasn't sure it would work, but couldn't see it would do ant harm, so long as the shells were crushed up small.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure