edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
14 replies 2.1K views
2»

Replies

• BigglesBiggles Forumite
    8.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    jrawle wrote: »
    Reading the BBC discussion thread, who are all these people who take out £100 or more a time? Why does anyone use such a quantity of cash in this day and age?
    I'm certainly one. Who wants to keep looking for an ATM because you've suddenly run out of money?

I want £10 & £20 notes in my ATMs. And I want £5 coins in my change. £5 notes are far too fiddly in this day and age.
  • pauljoecoepauljoecoe Forumite
    223 Posts
    jrawle wrote: »

Reading the BBC discussion thread, who are all these people who take out £100 or more a time? Why does anyone use such a quantity of cash in this day and age?

Well two points here.

1. £100 doesn't go far these days. Its only a couple of round at the pub and it still seems weird paying for a pint by credit card!
    2. Cant be bothered to visit the ATM to often so stack up whilst I'm there. With current interest rates the moneys as well in my wallet than in the bank.

But agreed - can't wait til cash is history!
  • DerivativeDerivative Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Give it ten years and a pint will be >£5, right about then the five pound note becomes pointless.
    Said Aristippus, “If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.”
    Said Diogenes, “Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.”[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
  • agrinnallagrinnall
    23.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggles wrote: »
    I'm certainly one. Who wants to keep looking for an ATM because you've suddenly run out of money?

I want £10 & £20 notes in my ATMs. And I want £5 coins in my change. £5 notes are far too fiddly in this day and age.

Completely agree. Get rid of 1p, 2p and 5p coins which are effectively worthless now, replace £5 note with £5 coin which will last 10 times as long.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides