Cheapest place for coal

Hello guys,

My dad currently has a coal aga and multifuel central heating system. He's looking to buy coal in bulk to burn in both systems. It's anthracite coal on the aga and either on the boiler.

he's in the south east of England but looking at bulk delivery

Can anyone recommend the cheapest way to source bulk coal?

Thanks

James

Comments

• spinningsheep
    spinningsheep Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    His first point of call needs to be the cheapest supplier which will be an authrised solid fuel merchant. Not always his nearest one, there may be one a few miles away that will deliver to his area that may be cheaper, he needs to shop around for some quotes. If he is paying cash he could ask for a discount for bulk and cash, after all you don't ask you don't get! Also, worth bearing in mind that solid fuel merchants increase their fuel prices in winter and reduce them over summer, so may be worth hanging on a few months as he may get a better deal, a few bags worth and it's not worth the hassle but in bulk it may be a hefty saving. What sort of boiler is he running? Be very interested to know.Most only burn anthracite, same as the AGA, for example the Trianco gravity feed boiler, you fill a hopper on the top and the fire feeds itself. If the appliance can burn anthracite happily you'd be as well sticking to one kind of coal. Easier. Plus anthracite burns hotter, longer and cleaner than any manufactured smokeless coal (ie eggs). I know this from experience in a closed appliance.

CC limits £26000

Long term CC debt £0

Total low rate loan debt £3000

Almost debt free feeling, priceless.

Ex money nightmare, learnt from my mistakes and never going back there again, in control of my finances for the first time in my adult life and it feels amazing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure