We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Games Basement - can anyone help?

Options
I'm still waiting for a refund following non-delivery of a Wii Balance board ordered 30 January 2011 from this online company. I have received emails acknowledging receipt of non-delivery form, which had to be posted (I don't believe they ever had item in stock to deliver) and that refund will be paid in 3-5 days. Every phone call is another promise that refund will be made, that finance department cannot speak to customers, that no manager is there. I paid £39.99 by debit card and have probably therefore lost my money. There doesn't seem to be any way of getting money back from this company, but they are still trading online at gamesbasement dot co dot uk. Every other review site is full of really angry customers, the majority of whom are waiting for delivery or refund without success. Is there nothing that can be done?

Comments

• halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it was a visa debit card, contact your bank to initiate a chargeback.

Also, send the company a letter before action (registered post) giving them 14 days to refund you else you will take it to court. If no joy after 14 days, begin court proceedings. It's easier than you probably think :)
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 March 2011 at 11:15AM
    Options
    If you decide/need to take it to court the following link from the Resources page of our ReadMe sticky will be of help:-
    Letter Before Action & Small Claims procedure
    [FONT=Arial, Chicago]The Office of Fair Trading site which provides assistance and guidance if you are intending to take formal action in the small claims track of the County Court. Such action should only be considered when you have tried and exhausted all other means of resolving your complaint.[/FONT]Sample LBA and a whole lot more if you need it.

A quick read of the following two threads might be of help...

Games Basement

Games Basement. Awful. Help appreciated.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • nwalker
    Options
    Hi, registered on gamebasement site 2011-06-22. I placed an order and continued to payment, completed that and was given my unique order id and everything seemed ok, 10 minutes later when I tried to login to check my order I got the message saying not registered? Something didnt seem right, tried ringin gamebasement coudnt get through so sent 2 emails no reply yet and dont think they will either. Checked my bank statement and rang my bank immediately and asked if I had been charged I was told payment was still pending, ask to stop the payment as i thought it was scam site he said it would go through in 2 days and it has to go out before they can claim it back. thought it would be back into today.

Could anyone tell me if there is time limit for that payment to stay pending. thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport