We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
lexmark printer issues...
Deals_2
Posts: 2,410 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
our lexmark printer x543 seems to go through a lot of cartridges and i am thinking it may be better to get rid of it now as our needs have changed but we just need a cheap and cheerful printer. any tips with cartridges that dont cost the earth either. thanks in advance.
0
Comments
-
I remeber my Lexmark printer, I think it was about 1990 and I quickly discovered that the only way to make it more expensive to run would have been to use gold leaf as paper. So far as I'm aware nothing has changed.
Epson/HP should be significantly cheaper to run, so long as you are prepared to use compat-carts or full your own. I believe epson are the cheapest...Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.0 -
if you get an epson printer you can get ciss kit for it that is continuous ink supply system if you check out what ciss kits are out there you can see what printers are supported0
-
Epson are producing a lot of all in ones at the moment, check for prices but currently:
You can get an SX 425W for £45 (cheaper than the SX415)
http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/product-06767175-pdt.html?srcid=369&xtor=AL-63
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500002701&langId=-1&searchTerms=SX415
They use four cartridges at around £4:50 a set for compatibles.
For better photo printing use a six or more cartridge printer
The PX660 is currently £113
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-Stylus-PX660-Colour-Printer/dp/B004AYDFDG/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1300278876&sr=1-1
The wireless 720WD is £117 at the moment
http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/product-06935881-pdt.html?srcid=369&xtor=AL-63
Compatible inks are £5:50 a set at the moment
http://new.ukdvdr.co.uk/product.php?product=PJ-T801/6G6&title=
http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product.php?product=PJ-T801/6G6
.0 -
With all the Lexmark firmware problems at the moment on the compatibles, i think most people are turning their back on Lexmark. Would definitely go for an Epson printer as the compatibles work T0711's or the the packs T0715. Also would be worth keeping an eye out for the T1291's are at the moment only available in originals but the compatible are due anytime soon. I purchased a SX425W of the back of this and is a very decent printer :-)Every Little helps :rotfl:0
-
I use Brother Printers, they work fine with cheap compatibles, no problems whatsoever.0
-
I love my HP all-in-one (as much as you can any inanimate object anyway). Never going back to Lexmark. Hideously expensive. Much cheaprer to buy a new printer than to replace their inks.0
-
I love my HP all-in-one (as much as you can any inanimate object anyway). Never going back to Lexmark. Hideously expensive. Much cheaprer to buy a new printer than to replace their inks.
I found HP Cartridges hideously expensive, I get cartridges for under a £1 each delivered for my Brother Printers, they work 100%.0 -
With all the Lexmark firmware problems at the moment on the compatibles, i think most people are turning their back on Lexmark. Would definitely go for an Epson printer as the compatibles work T0711's or the the packs T0715. Also would be worth keeping an eye out for the T1291's are at the moment only available in originals but the compatible are due anytime soon. I purchased a SX425W of the back of this and is a very decent printer :-)
Any news on the SX425W compatiables? As about to shelve this and go with a Brother 195 / 197 C, more capacity ink in each cartridge and readily available compats.0 -
The 425W cartridges have been put back and IMO they probably won't appear anytime soon
Tesco currently have the 515W at £60
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-0936.aspx
Inks are £4:25 a set
http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product.php?product=PJ-D78-COMB!!!
http://new.ukdvdr.co.uk/product.php?product=PJ-D78-COMB!!!&title=
Tesco currently have the Brother DCP 195C at £65
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.210-7805.aspx
Brother cartridges here though check prices
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042FSFJ2/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001W0SMIO&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1MNJXPWAWASC57M216WZ
.0 -
posts . looks like will probably therefore be getting rid of our printer!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards