edited 16 March 2011 at 12:15PM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
18 replies 6.7K views
2»

Replies

• fifekenfifeken Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    For example adding 2 hold bags was £36 (£18 each) where as on Easy Jet own website it would have been £50 (£35 each). I also added speedy boarding which was £20 (£10 each) whereas on Easy Jet own website it would have been £32 (£16 each).

easyJet luggage costs vary with route so they may have defaulted to what I think is the cheapest which is £9 per flight or £18 for a round trip.

I never use Speedy Boarding so haven't really noticed the price but I believe it varies by route as well so could be similar.
    Just worried now that someone is going to realise something is not quite right!!

Someone will notice eventually but I don't know if they can then demand the correct fare from you.
  • SaveTheEuroSaveTheEuro Forumite
    897 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Good tip. The add-ons do cost less on the Nectar Easyjet site.

A flight booking I tried offered luggage for £18 (instead of £25) and speedy boarding for £10 (rather than £19). The charge for sports equipment was £40 on both sites.

If you don't buy any extras and have a Visa Electron card the Nectar site is best avoided. If you do want extras the Nectar site may be the better option, despite its £7+ fee.
  • rodinsrodins Forumite
    3 Posts
    I have 500 points worth a measly £2.50 - if I were to use them towards a flight I would end up paying £4.50 MORE than I would just booking them through easyJet themselves without the £7 booking charge!

What a total waste of time. They should double the points value and not have a £7 charge. To save just 50p I need to spend another £250 in Sainsburys! Wow what an offer cheers Nectar!
  • Enigmatic_MeEnigmatic_Me Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I won, I won, I won!
    ✭✭✭
    rodins wrote: »
    I have 500 points worth a measly £2.50 - if I were to use them towards a flight I would end up paying £4.50 MORE than I would just booking them through easyJet themselves without the £7 booking charge!

What a total waste of time. They should double the points value and not have a £7 charge. To save just 50p I need to spend another £250 in Sainsburys! Wow what an offer cheers Nectar!

It depends though if you want to add luggage, speedy boarding, which all seem to be cheaper if you book through Nectar rather than Easy Jets own website. Even after paying the £7 booking fee with my booking (see post above) I saved £19.
    The best things in life are free.....
  • slenderkittenslenderkitten Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    if you send parcels DHL Express have signed up with nectar too it starts tomorrow
    My Signature is MY OWN!!
  • steve1500steve1500 Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    What an absolute con having to pay £7.00 to redeem them.

Went to Sainsbury's paid for shopping using the Nectar Card instaed of debit card put money in daugthers Visa Elctron A/c them paid for flights
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • AchtungAchtung Forumite
    2 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Just tried to book using Nectar pts and have since seen all the posts on here. The £7 charge was unavoidable on nectar where on easyjet all the charges can be easily taken off. I imagine most travellers with easyJet would be doing so to keep the cost down so would not choose to pay for "speedy boarding"! Would have lost a few odd points plus the £7 off my Nectar points so eventually booked on easyJet and will have to spend my points on something else !
  • *Jane**Jane* Forumite
    392 Posts
    Booked today and it is now £8 booking fee, but bags are £18 and £28 if booked with easy jet so works out cheaper even with the outragous £8 fee.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides