We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
ISP address
Comments
-
You'll have your ISP assigned IP which is for the router device but usually the router will be a DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) server and assign an 'internal' address to the devices within your local network (usually 192.168.xxx.xxx) with the last octet being unique to each device.
Sometimes this isn't the case though. Telewest used to allow one IP address for the modem and a single device would then be allowed to route through that.0 -
Good to know. I didn't know if it was because I have Virgin Business broadband..R.I.P Dad. I will never forget you xxx0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards