We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

The Annual Rat

Options
Rummer
Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
The oddest thing keeps happening in our garden. Every year around this time we wake to find a giant dead rat in the middle of our lawn. Only ever one rat a year and left in the exact same place :eek:.

A very macabre way to know that spring is here.
Taking responsibility one penny at a time!

Comments

• yumyums
    yumyums Posts: 686 Forumite
    Options
    That is freaky...
  • stumpycat
    stumpycat Posts: 597 Forumite
    Options
    How spooky - I suppose it makes a change from waiting for swallows/cuckoos etc... :rotfl:

the-death-of-rats-48453.jpg?1175147698
  • Rummer
    Options
    Fabulous graphic!

I just don't get it at all, it really does happen every year as does the annual fight as to who has to put it in the bin ;)
  • ukbill69
    ukbill69 Posts: 2,789 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Maybe its someone playing a trick on you. Funny if it was, if not id set up a cam on the spot.
    Kind Regards
    Bill
  • cootambear
    cootambear Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 March 2011 at 11:17PM
    Options
    cats are strange, they do things in their own style. my neighbours normally suffucates, but with one rat as a big as a small rabbit, he tore out the backbone to kill the fcker
    Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2 = 4 (George Orwell, 1984).

(I desire) ‘a great production that will supply all, and more than all the people can consume’,

(Sylvia Pankhurst).
  • Poosmate
    Poosmate Posts: 3,126 Forumite
    Options
    ukbill69 wrote: »
    Maybe its someone playing a trick on you. Funny if it was, if not id set up a cam on the spot.

I don't think it's a very funny prank to play on someone! I'd be like... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: then :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I don't like rats dead or alive!!!

Poo
    One of Mike's Mob, Street Found Money £1.66, Non Sealed Pot (5p,2p,1p)£6.82? (£0 banked), Online Opinions 5/50pts, Piggy points 15, Ipsos 3930pts (£25+), Valued Opinions £12.85, MutualPoints 1786, Slicethepie £0.12, Toluna 7870pts, DFD Computer says NO!
  • Rummer
    Options
    Definitely not our cats as they like to bring our gifts indoors :eek:
  • Lotus-eater
    Lotus-eater Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would say definitely a cat, mine catches 1 or 2 rats a year, usually at this time for some reason. Last time they were left under my motorbike in the garage and I almost trod on the three! halves of rats in sandalled feet. Ugh.
    I never did find out where the other half went. At least yours is in one piece.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would say definitely a cat, mine catches 1 or 2 rats a year, usually at this time for some reason. Last time they were left under my motorbike in the garage and I almost trod on the three! halves of rats in sandalled feet. Ugh.
    I never did find out where the other half went. At least yours is in one piece.

If ever I found rats wearing sandles,I'd run..:eek:
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's probably the previous owner of the house...

..the missus marking the spot where she buried her dead [STRIKE]rat[/STRIKE] husband.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport