Emma's Diary Mum-to-be Pack

Options
Has anyone else had trouble getting the Emma's Diary Mum-to-Be pack from Boots? I've tried 5 different branches while I've been on my travels, and none of them have any in stock. I've got another few to try later this week.

I also had to try a few stores to get the Bounty pack. Boots didn't have any of those either, but I got one from Mothercare.
Here I go again on my own....

Comments

• Chubacheroo
    Options
    Nooo, there's a pack? I have just found the diary itself in our cupboard, but that's because my hubby got it when he was a medical student. What's the Bounty pack? I can check my local Boots tomorrow.
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Have you had your booking in visit with the midwife yet?

You should get a folder with an up to date Bounty book and Emma's Diary book, with coupons to get freebie packs from Boots/Mothercare. There's also a load of other information leaflets in the folder.
  • Chubacheroo
    Options
    Ah right, that's why. Nope, havent' had that - is that after the nuchal scan?
  • inkie
    inkie Posts: 2,609 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It depends upon your local policy - but the booking appointment as early as possible - I like to see women in their own home and book them between 8 & 10 weeks and so that would be before the nuchal scan. Its at the booking appointment that any scans identigfied as being necessary will be arranged.
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quick tip - if you collect your Bounty Pack from Asda, you get a £5 George voucher too. I collected mine the other day, you just go to the customer service desk.
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Dates vary depending on where you live.

My booking in visit should have been at 8 weeks, but I was seen at 9 weeks as the midwife was fully booked when I was 8 weeks!

I had a dating scan at 11 weeks, but I don't get a nuchal scan on the NHS here (Durham). I can have one but I have to pay around £200 to have it done privately. If the baby did have Downs I would keep it anyway, so I'm not bothering to pay for it.

I'm not seeing the midwife again till I'm 19/20 weeks and will get an abnormalities scan around this time.

It's a long time between appointments, and I haven't had any bloods done yet as she couldn't get any out of me at my booking in appointment.
  • Chubacheroo
    Options
    I haven't even heard from the GP/midwife about a booking-in appointment yet, and am 9 weeks. Maybe I should ring them up to check.

Oooh good tip, Snaggles..now if only there was an Asda near me.
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    My friend has just had her baby and the only Bounty pack she got was the one they give you in hospital after you've given birth. Her midwife hadn't heard of the Mum-To-Be-Pack!
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • *zippy*
    *zippy* Posts: 2,979 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aww catching the op's title brought back happy memories, "Emma's baby" must be earning a living by now :D

good luck to all you mums to be
  • hobo123
    hobo123 Posts: 231 Forumite
    Options
    I purchased something from The Early Learning Centre and was given a bounty pack if anyone is still looking for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure