Lovely suprise in the post.. but small dillema..

124»

Comments

• Well just a quickie update. The whole lot has gone into our debt savings account to pay off our Black horse loan.
    I managed to get the game I wanted in the end though.. DH traded in a couple of his games at gamestation so I could have it (ended up paying 99p for it.) even though there's a game out he's been going on about costantly for weeks.... bless his heart. He's not the romantic type so I'm going to take this as a 'romantic gesture'... lol.

Thanks for all your advice :) Managed to save it AND get a treat.. even better! Looking forward to paying off black horse now :)

For what it's worth, I think you've made the right decision. Nice to get a cheque from HM.:T

Jx
    Debt at LBM £15231.43:eek: now £11397.43 Coming Down :D
    Snowball says DFD [strike]March[/strike] Feb 2010
    Official DFW Nerd No: 218 ;)

Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Hey immoral_angeluk :hello:

Well done, I think you made the right decision (very savvy with the game as well! :T )

Nice one......

IW x
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 222 :beer:
    :T Debt free wannabe - Proud to be dealing with my debts! :T

Remember the MoneySaving mantras!

IF YOU'RE SKINT......
    Do I need it? Can I afford it? Can I find it cheaper anywhere else?

IF YOU'RE NOT SKINT......
    Will I use it? Is it worth it? Can I find it cheaper anywhere else?
  • emma_b_4
    emma_b_4 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    i would treat yourself.... (**ducks***) after all its money you havent included in your MSE budget so why not?!
    if it was £300+ id say save some but go on, treat yourself!

im due for 1350 compo soon. we are having £100 each for a "treat" £500 on debt and the rest put away for a holiday next year
  • I got a rebate as well....£97....paid some credit card off!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,093 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Dont know that I could have been as strong willed as you IA
    Enjoy your game
    How much do u need now to pay off Black Horse then?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,255 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    dronid wrote:
    I don't think neccesary clothes are a treat (though buying them can feel like one, which is good!)

agreed totally. you need undies that the chill winter air don't whistle through!!
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • beanielou wrote:
    Dont know that I could have been as strong willed as you IA
    Enjoy your game
    How much do u need now to pay off Black Horse then?

See my sig. :D Nearly there!
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • beanielou
    So thats includes the money from the IR as well?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Yep.. getting there slowly.. got another £125 to add to it on weds, then our child benefit (69.80) when that goes in and will pay it in full on the 5th. :)
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
  • beanielou
    Thats great ia.
    Well done on having then cleared 4 debts by Chistmas.Wow!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure