We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Not eligible for seller protection

Options
2»

Comments

• lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sazzarella wrote: »
    Also as the item is over £41 you should be sending by special delivery to get the correct level of insurance.
    Royal Mail will only allow you to claim back what the item actually cost up to a maximum of what you have sold it for. So if the OP paid less than £41 for then using special delivery is less economical.
  • no-oneknowsme
    no-oneknowsme Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    They gave up with confirmed addresses a few years back, my one, registered with paypal for 10+ years almost always shows as unconfirmed.

Thats good to know Soolin (that even you as an established ebayer can have an unconfirmed address).

Maybe its the type of item i am selling that makes the sale not eligible for seller protection.

Im going to go ahead and post it but will make sure that I keep the documentation just incase anything does come of it.

Sorry to ask another question but can anyone tell me how long the buyer has to request their money back via chargeback or open a SNAD ?

Thanks all.
    The loopy one has gone :j
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,397 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thats good to know Soolin (that even you as an established ebayer can have an unconfirmed address).

Maybe its the type of item i am selling that makes the sale not eligible for seller protection.

Im going to go ahead and post it but will make sure that I keep the documentation just incase anything does come of it.

Sorry to ask another question but can anyone tell me how long the buyer has to request their money back via chargeback or open a SNAD ?

Thanks all.

45 days for a basic paypal claim and up to 180 days for a full chargeback via a credit card company or bank.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport