MSE News: Natwest and RBS fall short on charter promises

Options
2»

Comments

• tigerlily44
    tigerlily44 Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with all of the above apart from the positive comments lol.

Any bank that has a mysterious unit that declines at whim and opens accounts and then closes them also at whim (no other bank does this), who doesn't treat their customers like the important people they are, deserve every brickbat thrown at them.

I'm taking my business away from RBS as soon as I can - good riddance!

I don't expect a bank to cater to my every need but the customer should come first - and Natwest/RBS's customer service are second only to Santander in the poo stakes.

tiger
  • coolesticeking
    Options
    I agree with all of the above apart from the positive comments lol.

Any bank that has a mysterious unit that declines at whim and opens accounts and then closes them also at whim (no other bank does this), who doesn't treat their customers like the important people they are, deserve every brickbat thrown at them.

I'm taking my business away from RBS as soon as I can - good riddance!

I don't expect a bank to cater to my every need but the customer should come first - and Natwest/RBS's customer service are second only to Santander in the poo stakes.

tiger

To be honest all banks have a department like this, might be under another name though..

I think it's only RBS/NatWest though which seem to allow an account to open, then close it within a week...

With Lloyds TSB it seems to either Accept, Decline or Refer which is when someone has to call this department to decide if they will accept you for the product.

A good example is someone has posted they had a cash card account with Barclays, and they let them open a full account after a years good conduct.. Seems after they did this they closed all the accounts and told them to go elsewhere...

Even if you ensure you don't go overdrawn once, ensure you always have money in the account, run it well as per the T&C's and to be honest you have to remember they can close a bank account either at application stage or just after in the case of RBS/NatWest or at anytime... They decide who they wan't as a customer - we don't get that choice..
    David :)
    £1 of debt is too much for me!
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

I suspect you've not tried Barclays or the LLoyds Banking Group.
  • SpudGunner
    SpudGunner Posts: 306 Forumite
    Options
    What makes you an expert on all of the banks service out of interest?
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tbh I've tried most (apart from, interestingly, Santander - their reputation precedes them there) and they're all much of a muchness. Can't say I've ever really had a major problem with any of them, although Lloyds TSB did stuff something up when I banked with them - thankfully no charges or anything but was quite annoying nonetheless. RBS and NatWest in particular have been fine. Not superbly excellent but they do their job well enough.

Where they fell down was putting what should be internal targets on a very big external marketing campaign. If you are going to target yourself on things like wait time which are quite subjective a lot of the time, and where a customer will probably get more upset if they see they've been waiting for longer than the target, you just invite criticism for yourself.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A good example is someone has posted they had a cash card account with Barclays, and they let them open a full account after a years good conduct.. Seems after they did this they closed all the accounts and told them to go elsewhere...

Yes indeed, I can speak from experience in confirming its not just RBS Group that have an AVU.

I encountered a similar issue with Barclays as Coolesticeking said.

Also First Direct do a similar thing, my OH applied for a FD account, was send all the welcome pack, online login details, debt card & chequebook, etc etc

Only to be called and told "Oh sorry, we made a mistake"...
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure