Welcome Finance PPI Query

Options
Morning everyone, new to the forum.
have been reading the site for a while but only just registered.
basically i'm in the process of re claiming my ppi from welcome finance, i sent off the claim form, and had the letter back saying they were investigating my claim and would get back to me within 4 weeks.
the 4 weeks is now up, as is the 8 weeks since i sent the claim form.
what do i do now? do i give them another week or is there another letter template i can send them?

thanks in advance
Lee

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    basically i'm in the process of re claiming my ppi from welcome finance, i sent off the claim form, and had the letter back saying they were investigating my claim and would get back to me within 4 weeks.
    what do i do now? do i give them another week or is there another letter template i can send them?

thanks in advance
    Lee

Hi Lee and welcome (No pun intended) lol:D

Right the 8 weeks are up then and you've heard absolutely nothing at all? not even an acknowledgement letter?

I understand all loan businesses are over run with these complaints at present, you could ring them to ask them if they are dealing with your complaint, and ask when you should hear of an outcome, however it may be held due to the current Judicial Review that is going on at the moment, but they should still keep you informed.

Are you sure your reclaim reached them?
    Did you post it by recorded/signed for delivery and check the status of the delivery by Track & Trace via Royal Mail website.

Other than that write to chase them up, if you don't want to ring them.

Meanwhile, hope you hear some good news in the post soon.;)

Please keep us posted, cheers.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Pinkruth
    Options
    I know its no excuse, but I think they are having financial difficulties and are not taking on new loan applicants, and havent for a while.

As Di3004 has said either write to them to chase it up, or give them a call. They may have never received your letter, or it may be in a huge pile of similar letters waiting to be processed.

From my dealings with Welcome, going back 7 years ago, their admin was never the best and seemed quite disorganised. You may have alot of chasing ahead of you, but make sure any other correspondence is recorded delivery and make sure you keep copies incase they 'lose' your letters.

Good luck!
    :j:):jI am a bankruptcy survivour (10 years ago). It does get easier.:j:):j
    :hello:
  • leedunning88
    Options
    sorry, didn't make it too clear in my original post, yes i have received the acknowlegement letter
    all letter's i've sent have been sent recorded and received by them.
    they received the letter on the 31st of december, i then received one back from them on around the 10th of january, acknowledging the complaint and a copy of the complaints handling procedures.

i then received another letter on the 28th of jan saying they have not yet completed their investifation but will be back in touch within 4 weeks.
    i've been a good customer to them and over the last 4 years have never missed a payment, i had 2 loans with them and they are looking into the ppi on both for me.
    there's still around about 1500 outstanding on the second loan so that could be why they're taking a bit longer.

i'll just try giving them a call tomorrow
  • di3004
    Options
    sorry, didn't make it too clear in my original post, yes i have received the acknowlegement letter
    all letter's i've sent have been sent recorded and received by them.
    they received the letter on the 31st of december, i then received one back from them on around the 10th of january, acknowledging the complaint and a copy of the complaints handling procedures.

i then received another letter on the 28th of jan saying they have not yet completed their investifation but will be back in touch within 4 weeks.
    i've been a good customer to them and over the last 4 years have never missed a payment, i had 2 loans with them and they are looking into the ppi on both for me.
    there's still around about 1500 outstanding on the second loan so that could be why they're taking a bit longer.

i'll just try giving them a call tomorrow

Hiya

Good luck for tomorrow then, hope they will be able to give you an update, a good one too with a bit of luck.;)
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options

thanks in advance
    Lee
    Hi there, welcome have recieved your paperwork as the letter they sent you confirms this.You must give them 8 weeks to respond,if they have not responded by the 8 weeks, then give them a ring to see how your claim is progressing. Hope this helps, and good luck.
  • leedunning88
    Options
    just a quick update.
    spoke to welcome this morning after being on hold for about 20mins!
    he confirmed they received the letter on the 31st but said they didn't receive the questionnaire until the middle of january. i then explained that this wasn't possible as the letter and questionnaire were sent on the same day in the same envelope, so how can they receive one on the 31st and then one in the middle of january?
    they then told me that my claim was still with the investigation department but i should have an offer within 10 days.
    i'll give them the 10 days and then take it further.

any advice of anything i should do in the meantime?
  • leedunning88
    Options
    also is there any sort of letter template that people send to them when the 8 weeks are up.
    i'm no good with letters :(
  • di3004
    Options
    Hi there

first of all wishing you luck on your reclaim, and hopefully they will come back to you with an offer within the 10 days they stated.

The template letters on this site have been removed and its always best to write a letter which is your very own personal letter, in your own words for a better success outcome.

If you hear nothing when they said (10 days), you could write a letter, just ask them for an update and give them a certain date to get back to you, and confirm if you hear nothing by then - you will consider moving your complaint on to the Financial ombudsman service with evidence you have to support your complaint.

Hope this helps, fingers crossed.
  • amersall
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there

first of all wishing you luck on your reclaim, and hopefully they will come back to you with an offer within the 10 days they stated.

The template letters on this site have been removed and its always best to write a letter which is your very own personal letter, in your own words for a better success outcome.

If you hear nothing when they said (10 days), you could write a letter, just ask them for an update and give them a certain date to get back to you, and confirm if you hear nothing by then - you will consider moving your complaint on to the Financial ombudsman service with evidence you have to support your complaint.

Hope this helps, fingers crossed.
    Hi Di, i did not know the template letters had been removed! why is that?.
  • amersall
    Options
    also is there any sort of letter template that people send to them when the 8 weeks are up.
    i'm no good with letters :(
    Hi there, depends on what the reply is you get from in the 8 weeks, if they uphold then that is good, if they do not just write a few lines as to why you were mis sold and ask them to take another look at this. Hopefully you wont need to do this as you may have a "win". Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure