PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS daily Sunday 27th Feb

esmf73
esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
edited 27 February 2011 at 7:30AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Sunday 27th Feb. This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone, thought I'd start todays thread as I couldn't see one already. Life has descended into chaos yet again - yes the children are back from my Mums! However in the short (2 day) break I had enough breathing space to make some decisions. One of the dogs is going to be put up for adoption due to us not having the time for her and she is too strong. But I will sort that out later. I am going to be turning the house upside down in the next two weeks and will be selling anything that we don't use - on the basis that if we don't use it we don't need it!

We'll be eating only from the cupboards / freezer, with veggies bought at the local sunday market. Things need to change around here and it starts today!!!! Am blitzing our room - hectic one as I keep all the paperwork etc in there too! Total spring clean on the way! Don't let me give up on this - please!!!!

Hope that everyone is OK - haven't been reading the daily for the last few days as have been enjoying my time without the boys. Hugs to those in need (((())))
2014 will be all about ME!
( well that hasn't happened!!!)
Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250

Comments

• Good morning Esmf and all to follow,
    Wow Esmf I feel shattered just reading your intentions - BUT that is exactly what I need to do here. Well not the dog bit 'coz I don't have one. But definitely the blitzing bit:)

Dinner today will be Roast Beef, roasties, yorkshire pud and veggies for 7. Lunch or supper will be bean goulash.

Bright with blue skies here, so WM will be on in a mo with the intention of drying outside:j
    DW finished, needs emptying in readiness for today's onslaught!

Thank you Esmf I feel a blitz in the offing - keep us posted on progress.
    Happy Sunday folks, hugs for those that need or want them, Silver x
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
    Groucho Marx :laugh:
    As Cranky says, "M is for mum, not maid".
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    morning all

DH's birthday today , we decided we couldnt afford to go out for a meal so i have bought him an M+S meal deal for £10 instead ( actually 2 as there are 4 of us ;)) I shall put one of the bottles of wine away for another time . I have bought him a kindle as he is an avid reader and he drives me mad with amount of books that are stuffed in every nook and cranny , i'm hoping i can gradually reduce the pile :D

Esmf sounds like a good plan , keep strong and focused x

DD1 has to go and do some gymnastics today for an A level assessment , her dad will video it , shes already done some individual moves and coaching which is all videod she needs to make up a routine to music and then thats complete. she is also doing A level cookery , she has to photograph all the dishes she makes for her assessment , she took the photos on her phone and then it was stolen at school :mad: so she lost all her photos :eek: she is having to remake them all again , so far this weekend she has made: a pavlova, orange cake, peach and cream cake, cherry and nut brownies, bread and butter pudding , she still has a few more to make :eek: how are we going to eat all that? belly.gif

have a good day everyone (((hugs))) to all that need xx
  • jc2703
    jc2703 Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Morning all

Haven't been about for a couple of days so will try and catch up at some point! blitzed the lounge yesterday and got the blinds washed (had been annoying me as DH smokes and they were filthy!)

Busy week ahead for me - I have some MS work today, then want to get meal planning, shopping and some cooking done too and tomorrow will be spent with DH as I start my new job on Tuesday, I'm away to my mums for the weekend on Friday and want to get orgasinsed! So lists are going to feature heavily this morning!

Have a good day x
    Climbing back on the OS wagon after a short vacation to Recklessness
    Quit Smoking 08/06/09
  • halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sistercas,
    Why dont you invit friends or family around for the evening,
    One brings a starter one brings the main, another sorts the wine/drink out and you do the cake/coffee.

Sound good to me:j:j
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • halight
    halight Posts: 3,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning all:j:j
    Had a nice day yesterday, The pub meal last night was good too.

We picked up an beef silverside joint in co-op. They had a better than harf price sale on the joints yesterday.
    We paid £7.51 for this jont and its massive;) Will last us today,mondau.tuesday and then the rest will be frozen for use another day. We shall mice it before feezing and use it for spag bag ect.

My wife is comming on well with this knitting lark,

The twins are also getting bettre with there potty training. But they sometimes still for gte to tell us and then tell us when its too late or they tell us right on the time that they are about to do it.

We do somtimes now go all day with a dry nappy.:T:T

Well the twins have only just got up so better go and help with breakfast,

Have a good day everyone:j:j
    :jYou can have everything you wont in lfe, If you only help enough other people to get what they wont.:j
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Morning all!

Wet and grey here today! I'm off to work this morning, but will be finished at 1.30pm, so not too bad, and the overtime is handy!

OS stuff today will be stripping last night's chicken leftovers off the carcass, and making stock. Making rolls for packed lunches next week, trying to find uniforms that will no doubt have gone missing over the holidays, and the general round of hoover, wm, dw, bm, yoghurt.

Dinner today was going to be roast chicken, but swapped it round as I'm working, so today will either be sausages or a chick and ham pie (leftovers from this week, plus using up a pack of puff pastry mix in the cupboard!), will see what everyone fancies when I get home.

Had a lovely afternoon yesterday, just pootling about and reading a book, though it was one of those books that ends before it's ready, like a film where you know that you've been set up for part 2!

Hope everyone has a good day, time for a cuppa and a read back now xxx
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,757 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning,

Hugs to everyone with problems. I haven't posted this past week as I've been head up bottom due to half term, and a few minor problems of my own. I need to do the same as Esmf except in my case the house is still full of Paul's things. Clothes, books, uni stuff, dvds, camping gear - you name it, we have it. I know in my head that it needs sorting, but could really do with a hand. The only person who could make me laugh about it is my sister, but she lives in Cork, so it's not going to happen. I am going to try and do an hours clear out every day, starting Tuesday when the house elf is back at school. My best friend would help me, but she would cry, and that isn't what I need.

I've also been on antibiotics all week for a sinus infection. It's a toss up which has made me feel worse - the infection or the medicine. It had better work :rotfl: The arthritis has not been liking the weather either, and I have football shapes instead of ankles.

Due to doing nothing all week, I had a major cookathon yesterday afternoon and made lasagne for my dinner (and my two friends dinner too as it happened), I made a tuna and pasta quiche with red onion and sweetcorn, and a jelly with raspberries from the garden that were in the freezer. These were all diet friendly as I used spinach and low fat cream cheese instead of cheese sauce in the lasagne, and low fat cottage cheese in the quiche.

I also made 18 chocolate fairy cakes for the elf and friends who spent yesterday afternoon outside on the trampoline. Our neighbours must be so overjoyed that the weather is getting good enough for them to play out again :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: We live on a flight path to Liverpool airport but I didn't hear any planes yesterday due to the noise in our garden.

The house wrecking cat has discovered next doors tree and paces around the branches yowling pitifully as if stuck....until people have knocked to tell me it's stuck or I shake the frozen prawn bag when it mysteriously becomes unstuck and trots in through the door. I may have to switch the doorbell off when the weather is good enough for it to go out all the time. Why is there not a "give me strength" smiley?

Take care all of you, and sorry that there's no messages by name. My head is a bit scrambled :o
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Morning

ESMF - You'll get there...sorry to hear about the dog x
    SC - :mad: @ DD stolen phone. Good luck with the nastics DD.
    CG - Cloth cap and whippets, how was it lastnight :D

Todays song is this, As it's beatiful outside and it reminds me of this song...

2 loads on line already, 2 loads of sheets to go in too. The rest will wait til tomorrow.

Tea today Roast Pork, broc, carrotts, parsnips, swede and pots oh and yorkshire pud. DH prepped all the veggies y'day :T.

Need to get school stuff ready for tomorrow too.

Have lovely days xx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • Morning all
    Hubby & nephew finished the decking yesterday & it looks good, stripy but good, I'll post pics on my blog later.
    Hubby is currently playing in the kitchen with his new toy, a 2nd hand food processor, he's chomping up all the teabags etc that go in the compost, it won't be long til he burns the motor out, which is why I won't let him use mine!
    We are off to the dump soon as there is clutter down the side of the house & we want to clear it, hubby also wants to buy more pots for the garden, I want him to list what he wants to plant & count the existing pots before we go as I don't think we need as many as he thinks we do.
    Roast lamb for dinner today & a fryup for hubby for breakfast (well it's a grillup really, but that doesn't sound right)
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • bramble1
    bramble1 Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Morning all! i've been a bit MIA recently. Not really felt like using the interweb recently.

Washing is out on the line and the 2nd load is in. I can't find the remote for the telly and OH is still asleep.

Got some housework to do today and prepare lunches for tomorrow, I've found a salad recipe book that has some amazing dishes in it, so will cook something from that for lunches.
    Dinner will be either Balsamic chiken, chicken chow mein or beef and black been sauce with chilli noodles. I haven't decided which yet.

As we have decided to redecorate (in a attempt to stop me getting the 'lets move house' bug i get every year or so) so may go to shops and gets some tester pots of paint or something.
    Annual Grocery Budget £364.00/£1500
    Debt payments 2012 £433.27
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family