M&S Cash ISA up to 4.75% today

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
18 replies 2.4K views
david78david78 Forumite
1.7K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
They did this 3 days early didn't they.

Replies

• excellente ;D Not sure i can be bothered to transfer to abbey which will be 0.1% better when they up their rates under the same guarantee... think i'll stick with M&S until next april at least.
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • isasmurfisasmurf Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    According to Teletext (p532) it closes to new investors after this weekend!
  • david78david78 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    To close this to new businesses already is a really strange thing to do.

It probably means the a/c won't be competitive after 5/4/2005 so I will probably have to move it then.

Perhaps Martin will comment when this news goes official from M&S.
  • hellomotohellomoto Forumite
    281 Posts

Yes, it is, I am not too amused, I just moved to them and am begining to think twice

>:( :)
    Thanks!! :D:D:D
  • M_ThomsonM_Thomson Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭

Yes, it is, I am not too amused, I just moved to them and am begining to think twice

>:( :)

Why? Your money is safe. They are not going to close to exisiting customers. They only bad thing is that the base rate guarantee of .50% above base rate may not be around after April 5 next year. But then most of the guarantees from other companies to move in line with Base rate will probably change or dissapear.
  • Kazza242Kazza242 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with M Thomson here.

hellomoto - The fact that M&S are closing their doors to new customers won't affect you at all.  The M&S cash mini ISA has been around since February 20th 2004, so people have had plenty of time to apply.

Existing customers will probably be getting 5% or possibly 5.25% before next April, so I don't think it would be a good idea to transfer to another provider now.

I'm going to keep looking out for any other competitive deals which may come along especially if M&S are not competitive after their rate guarantee expires.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Well base rate increased to 4.5% today, which means the M+S ISA is now 5%, fortunately I managed to move to a fix rate mortgage a couple of months ago, so well happy!
  • which means the M+S ISA is now 5%

Not quite yet, no official announcement from M&S, but it should go up within 5 working days :) last time it took just a day!
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • They have definitely announced this to the financial press (although not reported on the main websites yet). (I'm waiting for IF's announcement, as their +0.3% promise should now kick in).
    Up Tipp!
  • Kazza242Kazza242 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    M&S have increased their mini cash isa interest rate to 5.00% as of today (11 June). This information is now on their web site.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals