Dog Castration Cost

1235»

Comments

• Energize
    Energize Posts: 509 Forumite
    softuk wrote: »
    As any responsible Vet will tell you, there are health issues related to spaying and neutering, it's not as simple and straightforward as some Vets would have you believe. Studies have shown a higher risk in orthopaedic issues, like ACL tears, due to the growth plates closing at a later date. Neutering male dogs also significantly increases the risk of osteosarcoma, and quadruples the risk of prostate cancer!

That's true, testicular cancer has a very low mortality rate whereas osteosarcoma and hemangiosarcoma are much more deadly and vastly outweigh any concerns about testicular cancer. When you consider the cost and stress to the animal I don't consider it to be in their best interest.
  • cjmumto2
    cjmumto2 Posts: 276 Forumite
    I cant believe people have 100kg dogs do they even exist? What sort of breed is that then? That is 16 stone.

I personally wouldnt use a scheme like dogs trust unless you had too, as it is their charity money and it costs them. I adopted my cat from the cats protection and had her privately spayed and they were really grateful as it saved them hard earned money
  • Energize
    Energize Posts: 509 Forumite
    The English Mastiff and St. Bernard can easily reach 100kg.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure