All the small things - tell me what you have done to be MF today

Options

Comments

• Iris_Blue
    Iris_Blue Posts: 1,421 Forumite
    Options
    Today I have :

1. Pulled out the freezer in the pantry and cleared up all the fallen, forgotten about food tins I couldn't reach.
    2. Cancelled the " newly found" food tins off my MrT's online delivery booked for Tuesday (cheapest slot )
    3. OP £30 on the mortgage , transferred from my hair cut fund. ( I may regret this one)
    4. Made some MrT 7p Jelly that has been sat in the cupboard for yonks to stop little fingers grabbing all the biscuits!
    I can't be bothered updating this anymore
  • originalmiscellany
    Options
    Today:
    Nothing special:
    No spend day
    Shared a lift into town rather than drove
    We are going out for a drinks tonight (friends house)s and we'll walk rather than drive
    Tried to do some onepoll surveys, but they're all timed out, and I'm stuck at £3.95. Clearly I don't hit the target demographic!
    Aiming for most of this week to be a no spend week too, or if worst case scenario, MOM to step in and save me :)
    Feb 2012 - onwards MF achieved
    September 2016 - Back into clearing a mortgage - Was due to be paid off in 32 years in March 2047 -
    April 2018 down to 28.00 months vs 30.04 months at normal payment.
    Predicted mortgage clearing 03/2047 - now looking at 02/2045

Aims: 1) To pay off mortgage within 20 years - 2037
  • IHateDida
    IHateDida Posts: 1,670 Forumite
    Options
    Ihatedida sounds like my new thread is having a great effect on you. :D Tesco points addict says she needs my nagging to do stuff. I'd like to think gentle persuasion.

Its fab! I am one of those with a loooong fixed mortgage - 6 more years remaining:eek: at 5.57%....and I can only overpay by 5% of the balance per year....but its ok (:(!!!) as I still owe loads so any inspiration is good! Keep up the nagging!!!!:D
  • Sepa74
    Sepa74 Posts: 962 Forumite
    Options
    I read on another thread (forgotten where) about someone filling old soft drink bottles with water from their water butt. I don't drink soft drink, and I also don't have a water butt (we have old heavy cast iron pipes) so I decided it wasn't feasible for me.

Well I had the inspiration today that I could fill my old milk bottles with the water that is lying around in plant pots and saucers. So I ducked outside this afternoon and filled my first 2pt milk bottle. I'm coming to the conclusion I'm obsessed!!

I've also realised that Virgin media are charging nearly £2pcm for paper bills. I might have switch to online billing. I don't like it because I hate keeping track of all the passwords and know I am much less likely to actually look at the bill if I have to log in to a site than if it arrives in the mail and I look at it as I open it. It's probably all part of the utility companies cunning plans to stop you realising how much you spend with them....

I should probably check what my mobile phone and energy provider is charging for paper bills....
    Borrowed £150,000 in an offset tracker mortgage in May 2007 - MFD May 2041 (67)

Jan 2012 - £125,620.02 / 2,913.87 / Nov 2032 (58) :beer:
    Apr 2012 - £122,901.88 / 3,170.91 / Jul 2032 (58)
    Jul 2012 - £122, 589.02 / 3,507.99 / Sept 2032 (58)
    Oct 2012 - £120,476.31 / 3,889.42 / July 2032 (58)
  • IHateDida
    IHateDida Posts: 1,670 Forumite
    Options
    Sepa74 wrote: »
    I read on another thread (forgotten where) about someone filling old soft drink bottles with water from their water butt. I don't drink soft drink, and I also don't have a water butt (we have old heavy cast iron pipes) so I decided it wasn't feasible for me.

Well I had the inspiration today that I could fill my old milk bottles with the water that is lying around in plant pots and saucers. So I ducked outside this afternoon and filled my first 2pt milk bottle. I'm coming to the conclusion I'm obsessed!!

Can I ask what you are going to do with the water in your milk bottles??? :o You've got me curious now!!! I have a water butt but would never dream of drinking the water out of it....all that pigeon poo that probably gets mixed in from my roof....yuugh!:rotfl:
  • mummyofonechild
    Options
    Well what have I done today?

I have been to work from 9.30 till 4.30.
    I have had a no spend day due to the above.
    Taken my own lunch to work
    I have 12 items listed on ebay going for £43.00 with 3 days to go.

I have also upped our DD for mortgage by £100 and have had confirmation letter from B/S
    Mortgage Free as of 31/5/11 :j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Really like the idea of this thread, will help keep me focussed:D

Today I have:
    • Listed 6 items on eeebay
    • Found 10 other things to list this week
    • Found a work top in the loft while searching for the above which will save me buying a new one for my new job
    • Bought some bits for lunches next week and spent ages working out the best deals on the special offers on the things I was buying..ooo it made me brain hurt after a while
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • wantabetterlife
    Options
    Things i have done today are
    • Bought a new pair of black boots of ebay for £21 including postage, they were £60 at full retail price...so even though i spent money i got a great deal :D
    • Item on ebay sold for £11.00 plus postage so have paid this off the mortgage
    • Packaged faulty kettle to send off tomorrow and will hopefully get a replacement, although it will probably cost a small fortune to post
    • This evenings tea was 2 whoopsied pasta dishes from MrT down from £1.78 each to 12p :j:j
    • Also a NSD and a no driving day so have saved on diesel
    Credit card £4461.15Home mortgage £137117Buy to let mortgage £83,000
  • liuhut
    liuhut Posts: 1,269 Forumite
    edited 21 February 2011 at 3:12AM
    Options
    Loving the thread, thanks for starting it Michelle.

I've been camping this weekend... $35 per night and right next to the beach, took all the food with us and had a lovely (& cheap time)
    Last week I bought Pure soap, white vinegar and bi-carb plus eucyliptus oil to start to make all my own cleaning products.
    I'm going to do some batch cooking this afternoon for meals for everyone to take to school/work for the rest of the week.

also today i've
    - cancelled the old telephone and internet provider - saving $65 a month.
    - cancelled mobile internet - savng $10.

Think that will do me for today!!
    Edit to say - have entered some comps - am currently entered into 134 that are waiting to close (the site that I use track the number for me which I love!!)
    WIN £2008 in 2008 £1836.31 2009 wins - £91!!! 2010 wins in Oz $ 6170.... wins 2011 aprox $2000
    MFIT - number 37. Reduce my mortgage from £63,500 to £48,000. now at 54,000...
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wouldn't the water stagnate in the bottles? (i'm new to this gardening business)!
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family