PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How to Get Through The Tough Times The Old Style Way.

Options

Comments

• jackieglasgow
    jackieglasgow Posts: 9,436 Forumite
    Options
    I thought you had some secret way of storing the one I had started. Not knowing the workings of things behind the scenes I thought you would simply reinstate it, sorry. :o

EDIT; that will teach me to ask in future instead of assuming :)
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I thought you had some secret way of storing the one I had started. Not knowing the workings of things behind the scenes I thought you would simply reinstate it, sorry. :o

EDIT; that will teach me to ask in future instead of assuming :)

Ahh that's where the misunderstanding has come from. :) Do you want me to reinstate that thread now?

Pink
  • jackieglasgow
    Options
    That would be lovely if you could be so kind :)
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • grandma247
    grandma247 Posts: 2,412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    EstherH wrote: »
    Grandma, could I use laser printer paper do you think?

I don't see why not but they need to overlap or the weeds will find a way out. Put several together for thickness,at least six.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That would be lovely if you could be so kind :)

No problem, I've opened the thread again now. Here's the link;

As The Workhouse Approaches....How To Do Everything To Avoid It, the Old Style Way

I'll close this thread in the morning.

Pink
  • grandma247
    grandma247 Posts: 2,412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Horse/Mare's tail. Have a look here, you need to scroll down a bit.

Look out for these too.
    Quote"In spring, brown green shoots appear with small cones at the tips that produce spores. (Arghh – millions of ‘em) and it grows away from creeping thin brown roots that you can hardly see as they are soil coloured."

Try and get these early March before they start to open.
  • Annie56
    Annie56 Posts: 138 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2011 at 6:43AM
    Options
    Morning

Lovley weather isnt it..bumped into an old friend the other week that is living her dream in Wales by the sea slightly inland..she mentioned that they were doing the beach defences at Borth, and as this is where I normally have my holidays right on the beach, we thought we would a day out and have a recce etc.

So got there diggers and HUGE lorries loads of dust etc but the end result will be worth it so we booked with someone else further up the coast.

Ever the OStyle convert I noticed up by the RNLI station in Borth this HUGE HUGE pile of sleepers similiar to railway sleepers so asked the blokie what they were doing with them, chucking them, he said they are transported out by HUGE HGVs down the quite narrow road into Borth/Ynyslas now anyone with a bit of thought and a chainsaw could have some wonderful sleepers from there, just a thought if you live near Aberystwyth area and are able to get there..theres some good wood therefor raised gardens etc.

Downside of the visit was on the way out of Borth one of these huge HGVs forced us into a bush/wall and when it had gone past I got out to check if the car paintwork had gotten scratched and heard a hissing noise coming from the back tyre..huge gouge in the tyre wall:eek::eek::eek: luckily the ever prepared for every situation Mr Monty managed to change it with the spare wheel..was so angry that I made him turn back to Borth and confronted the Contractors and let rip with a polite rant :eek::eek::o:o and came away with there promise of replacing said wheel when we had gotten an invoice..seems there have been a couple of claims..thats:o £90 probably that I would have had to have found and had not factored into my May budget...despite that we had a lovley day out and my freebie tan is looking good.

The paddock space is now a ` hive `of activity and we are the proud posessors of 2 bee hives, and were looking to having a couple of pigs in the far corner that is nicely shaded, now just got sort out the damn wood pigeons and lifes ok ...

Greenhouse and all fruit and veges are coming along nicely, Monty starts his tree cutting and chainsaw safety classes at the local argricultural college after the May Day hols..hes the teacher..there really popular seems folk are getting the greenfingered/grow your own bug due to credit crunch..

Im learning how to shabby chic some furniture from a friend who is renting my dads old garage, now they have decommissioned and took away the petrol pumps it looks like a shop now, and thankfully hes been able to keep the car maintenance side going well once again folk are making do with the car they have instead of buying new...

Our finances teeter between good and bad but once Montys new job at the argricultural college kicks in we should be fine, have mothballed any big ideas for a couple of months and having just had the roof sorted out and the guttering done thats the cottage watertight and safe for the moment..

Hugs to all that need them and happy growing to the greenfingered brigade, long may the veggies grow

Annie56 Lucy & Monty:D
    TODAY I WOKE UP< LOOKED AROUND ME AND SAID TO MYSELF>> ANNIE YOUR ONE LUCKY WOMAN TO HAVE WHAT YOU HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!:D:DLive according to your means, not up to your expectations.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 April 2011 at 8:27PM
    Options
    Has the `tough` theme finished? It`s a shame, as I think a lot of people are finding life very tough even if they are not approaching the workhouse.

hugs to all of you :grouphug:
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    Has the `tough` theme finished? It`s a shame, as I think a lot of people are finding life very tough even if they are not approaching the workhouse.

hugs to all of you :grouphug:

Nope...the "its tough" theme is still as much as ever on the cards here...'tis just a bit confusing that the latest incarnation of the "Its tough" thread hasnt got the words "its tough" or equivalent in the thread title...but I think everyone has realised the "Workhouse" title means its the latest incarnation of the Its Tough threads.

i have asked on the thread for the latest starter-upper of an Its Tough thread (|ie Jackieglasgow on this occasion) to amend the title to put the "its tough" reference in the thread title to make it plain - so hopefully 'twill happen soon....and I clarified myself that its the Its Tough thread again in post 4 on the Workhouse thread.
  • jackieglasgow
    Options
    I won't be changing the title Ceridwen, its quite clear from the first post that the threads are the same ones, and the only person to have commented negatively on the title is yourself. The threads should be allowed to develop along with everyone who posts on them, and the title reflects some of the black humour we have all used to get us through recently. I shall ask you now politely to pop me back on ignore, and I shall do the same to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure